• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost: AM maybe on cruise-control in year 2...

7 more years? pfffft
1593625274444.png

That's pure speculation on your part. It's possible that Vedral just isn't as talented as AM, and McCaffrey wasn't ready yet. But you're making it an all or nothing argument by stating that AM did not give the team the best chance to win. I disagree with that assessment.
Also, he better step his game up because McCaffrey will be ready this year.

we'll never find out now, will we?
also, it's not speculation that the preparation for the QB room was lacking, according to the head coach himself.
finally, i never stated that AM did not give the team the best chance to win. however, i AM saying that no one can make the argument that adrian gave us the best chance to win anymore. its certainly possible, but that would be the real speculation here.

also, it's not speculation that the preparation for the QB room was lacking, according to the head coach himself.
finally, i never stated that AM did not give the team the best chance to win. however, i AM saying that no one can make the argument that adrian gave us the best chance to win anymore. its certainly possible, but that would be the real speculation here.
That’s just not possible! Haven’t you heard, our quarterback coach is such a genius that there is nothing he could possibly learn from an all pro Hall of Fame quarterback or any quarterback guru for that matter.

:Sarcasm:

How can you not make that assessment considering we saw what happened when AM didn't play last year? And I think you're taking what SF said too literally, imho. I think he said it to light a fire in AM, especially knowing that McCaffrey will be challenging his spot.

How can you not make that assessment considering we saw what happened when AM didn't play last year? And I think you're taking what SF said too literally, imho. I think he said it to light a fire in AM, especially knowing that McCaffrey will be challenging his spot.
you know, on this forum, we argue and debate and whine about husker football even though we know next to nothing about what what goes on within those walls. in fact, anyone who comes and spreads any rumour we don't like is shutdown real quick (for good reason). but this is a first for me, being told that we shouldn't believe or put too much stock in what the head coach himself has to say.

makes me wonder if the intent is really about making sure information is accurate, or about ostriches.
in any case, my message here was how frost's comments, if true, only show that he's damaging his own culture. if its not true, and we "shouldn't take him literally", then when? and how is the locker room supposed to trust him, if no one should trust what he says publicly?

i know you mean well GNT. so let's just leave it there. hopefully the team does better this year, if we have a season at all

All great excuses for being lax in his preparation. Great to see fans being forgiving, too bad his boss through him under the bus...albeit a year late.
Wow you managed to run the full gammit in just one sentence. You complained about the excuses for our QB's lax in preparation, you complained about the fans being forgiving, you complained about our coach throwing him under the bus and then insinuated he did it a year late. Congratulations on your insightful post.

You left out ST's...KO's, KOR's, Punts, PR's, and FG's were all ranging from well below average to horrendous. Bring those all up to just average and NU has 7 W's
Don't forget tackling. I can't even begin to count the number of drives that continued on for points because we had three defenders getting dragged 5 yards down field or were bouncing off the running back after trying to "hit" him down.

Put most of this comment in the LM thread as well, but I just want the best QB who gives us the best chance to win each and every game starting. QB play last year was pretty lousy due to sophomore slump, injuries, and inexperience. We need a lot better.

To expand on this, I don't think there really was a moment at which we could have switched QB's effectively last year. By the time the OL started to play pretty well, Vedral and LM were both hurt, and LM really had a pretty limited playbook (coaches did a nice job there).

We need a real competition this year, though. If AM does what he did last year, it should be next man up. Good thing is AM played better as a freshman.

I worry a bit about the cruise control comment from Frost. Does it mean that Frost feels like he needs to provide a nudge to Martinez this summer? Wouldn't that be what needed to be said last year / in the spring? Or was it a comment Frost meant to use as extra motivation, but got pushed back due to the lockdowns and shut down of Spring practice? Stay tuned, I guess.

Put most of this comment in the LM thread as well, but I just want the best QB who gives us the best chance to win each and every game starting. QB play last year was pretty lousy due to sophomore slump, injuries, and inexperience. We need a lot better.

To expand on this, I don't think there really was a moment at which we could have switched QB's effectively last year. By the time the OL started to play pretty well, Vedral and LM were both hurt, and LM really had a pretty limited playbook (coaches did a nice job there).

We need a real competition this year, though. If AM does what he did last year, it should be next man up. Good thing is AM played better as a freshman.

I worry a bit about the cruise control comment from Frost. Does it mean that Frost feels like he needs to provide a nudge to Martinez this summer? Wouldn't that be what needed to be said last year / in the spring? Or was it a comment Frost meant to use as extra motivation, but got pushed back due to the lockdowns and shut down of Spring practice? Stay tuned, I guess.

I think your last sentence is accurate.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back