• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Front page article "Big Ten Coaches Talk Anonymously"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Crab Man longs for Husker football dominance I thought he might want to think about joining my campaign to have UNL move to the FCS. Such a move would likely provide him what he longs for.

However, I admit that a move to the Mountain West might work just as well.

This has to be the silliest things I have ever read. You are campaigning to move UNL to a lower division of football? Talk about completing our path to irrelevance. Has to be one of the worst ideas in the history of NU football, good thing you have zero power to implement such a lame idea.

C

Last edited:

He's been pushing that stupidity for a while now. Clown shoes

Trolls like to make it personal

Rather than discuss the matter at hand in a reasonable and logical way, trolls like to make things personal with ad-hominem attacks, which attack an opponent’s character rather than their argument. The use of frequent name-calling often helps identify the troll.

Last edited:
This has to be the silliest things I have ever read. You are campaigning to move UNL to a lower division of football? Talk about completing our path to irrelevance. Has to be one of the worst ideas in the history of NU football, good thing you have zero power to implement such a lame idea.
C

When you dominate at the FCS level and win NCs, irrelevancy is the last thing you will have earned.

true irrelevancy = 15 years without a CC, a 6-7 season, 5th place in the division, and a #38 pre-season ranking....whether it be in the FBS or the FCS.

Last edited:
Trolls like to make it personal

Rather than discuss the matter at hand in a reasonable and logical way, trolls like to make things personal with ad-hominem attacks, which attack an opponent’s character rather than their argument. The use of frequent name-calling often helps identify the troll.

Stupidity like nu to FCS isn't worthy of anything but derision

When you dominate at the FCS level and win NCs, irrelevancy is the last thing you will have earned.

true irrelevancy = 15 years without a CC, a 6-7 season, 5th place in the division, and a #38 pre-season ranking....whether it be in the FBS or the FCS.

:Facepalm:

Hate to break it to you... but NDSU has won what? like 5 in a row? And on a national scale NOBODY gives a crap. FCS=Irrelevant. FCS is the equivalent of the NFL to the Arena League. Sure... "same sport", but nobody cares.

Edit: And to be clear, while 99% of your posts are ridiculous, this isn't personal. Nobody cares about FCS football. KU went 0-12 last year and still had higher attendance at home games.

Last edited:

:Facepalm:

Hate to break it to you... but NDSU has won what? like 5 in a row? And on a national scale NOBODY gives a crap. FCS=Irrelevant. FCS is the equivalent of the NFL to the Arena League. Sure... "same sport", but nobody cares.
He's doing what he is accusing me of...trolling...he knows it's a moronic idea...he just likes the attention it draws

I don't see a problem with avoiding preseason hype. If anything, it's an advantage. We're a good team that is being undervalued, that's an ideal position to play from. Time to shock the world.

Meh, we're an average team that has earned the spot we're in. Shocking the world would be great, though.

Meh, we're an average team that has earned the spot we're in. Shocking the world would be great, though.

It's been heading that way for several years mainly due to spotty recruiting at many spots, especially the most important position on the team. Hopefully the current recruiting momentum will result in a great class this year; it's been a while.

It's been heading that way for several years mainly due to spotty recruiting at many spots, especially the most important position on the team. Hopefully the current recruiting momentum will result in a great class this year; it's been a while.

I know you like to follow recruiting. If you believe those rankings, we're still the most talented team in the division.

As far as the quarterback position, no player has ever thrown for more yards as a sophomore or as a junior than Tommy Armstrong. He's a convenient scapegoat, I suppose, but he's beaten out several highly ranked recruits and will leave Nebraska with a ton of records. He was also 16-5 as a starting quarterback before the coaching staff largely misused him last season. He's also a member of both the Tom Osborne and Brook Berringer Citizenship teams. Great player, great person. Probably would have been closer to 3-9 last season without him.

Here's a partial listing of his accomplishments. They really speak for themselves (and prove his detractors wrong):
Career Passing Yards, 2nd (6,691 yards)
» Career Pass Completions, 2nd (474 completions)
» Career Touchdown Passes, 2nd (53 touchdowns)
» Career Total Offense, 2nd (7,998 yards)
» Career 250-Yard Passing Games, 1st (12 games)
» Career 300-Yard Total Offense Games, 1st (10 games)
» Career Rushing Yards by a Quarterback, 8th (1,309 yards)
» Career Starts by a Quarterback, 5th (33 starts)
» Season Passing Yards, 3rd/5th (3,030 yards in 2015, 2,695 yards in 2014)
» Season Passing Touchdowns, 4th (22 TDs in both 2014 and 2015)
» Season Passing Completions, 5th (222 completions, 2015)
» Season Total Offense, 3rd/4th (3,430 yards in 2015, 3,400 yards in 2014)
» Season 300-Yard Passing Games, 2nd (4, 2015)
» Season 250-Yard Passing Games, 1st-tied (8, 2015)
» Season 300-Yard Total Offense Games, 1st-tied (6, 2015)

I can ask a hundred college football fans that are friends and co workers of mine who won the NC and the majority would say Alabama I can ask the same 100 who won the FCS championship and less than ten percent would know. FCS is irrelevant except to the schools in it. No more soup for you.

C

Last edited:

Paramus, I think you're a good dude, but this FCS stuff is getting really ridiculous. C'mon man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back