• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked From bad to worse on targeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like he lead with the crown of his helmet and hit the guy right in the face. That is just looking at the picture. Now, I will go read the article to see what it says. I just wanted to comment on the picture first.

Looks like he lead with the crown of his helmet and hit the guy right in the face. That is just looking at the picture. Now, I will go read the article to see what it says. I just wanted to comment on the picture first.
I haven't read the article but being #21 the UCLA guy may be the running back.

Edit: UCLA guy was a defender.

Last edited:
The picture really doesn't tell you much.

That said I'm surprised more db's aren't going low...I imaging it will happen eventually.

IMO the UCLA player was clearly guilty of targeting. And I believe that is how the B1G officials and last year's Bowl Game officials were calling them. Should have been disqualified.

So no this is not bad to worse. It is from incorrect to correct.

Last edited:

IMO the UCLA player was clearly guilty of targeting. And I believe that is how the B1G officials and last year's Bowl Game officials were calling them. Should have been disqualified.

So no this is not bad to worse. It is from incorrect to correct.
Looking at the play on video I'll agree it was targeting. Here's a picture right before impact and the UCLA is putting his helmet down, lining up the receiver. Here's the link and if you start about 44:00 it will quickly go into that play.

This article concerns how PAC officials have been calling them. B1G officials have been doing this all along, o I doubt it changes anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back