• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Friendly Bet

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I work and live here in the Tri-State area (Nebraska/Iowa/South Dakota) and work with a ton of Hawkeye fans. One of them approaced me this morning asking to make a bet on yardage this year. He thinks that Vandenberg will pass for more yards than Martinez will throw and run for.

I think this is probably going to be a slam dunk as they were only seperated by about 100 yards last year and I expect bigger things from Martinez this year. Would love to hear all of your thoughts on this.

I do too...bigger mistakes

Last edited:
Iowa may not have McNutt - but, they also have no running backs. They'll be throwing a lot. And, Vandenburg is a very good and underrated QB in my opinion.

I'd actually say it is 50/50 and would not take that bet if I were you.

Iowa may not have McNutt - but, they also have no running backs. They'll be throwing a lot. And, Vandenburg is a very good and underrated QB in my opinion.

I'd actually say it is 50/50 and would not take that bet if I were you.

+1

Also, think about they also lost arguably their 3 strongest pieces of their defense to the NFL in Mike Daniels, Jordan Bernstine, & Shaun Prater as well as 3 other starters from that defense to graduation. There fore they are going to have to put up numbers just to stay in games or catch up depending on who they are playing. Martinez is a crap shoot to say the least. I wouldn't bet my enemy's paycheck on Martinez because truthfully you never know how he will show from week to week. Healthy or not.

Which team is more likely to be facing big 2nd half deficits and thus will pile up garbage yardage against defenses giving up the underneath stuff? Conversely, which QB is more likely to be either standing on the sideline in Q4 sitting on a big lead or handing off to run out a sure victory?

In other words...if the season goes the way we all hope it does then I will be rooting for you to lose this bet, no offense.

Which team is more likely to be facing big 2nd half deficits and thus will pile up garbage yardage against defenses giving up the underneath stuff? Conversely, which QB is more likely to be either standing on the sideline in Q4 sitting on a big lead or handing off to run out a sure victory?

In other words...if the season goes the way we all hope it does then I will be rooting for you to lose this bet, no offense.

Except that Bo never plays the 2nd string QB...at least in prior years.

How much is this bet for? Can I share in on the action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back