• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fried turkey ??

WestTexasHusker

All Legend
10 Year Member
So a few questions:

1. Is it worth the hassle and cost to fry a turkey?

2. If you have a peanut allergy, do i assume correctly that peanut oil is a no-no?

3. If you don’t use peanut oil, what do you use?

4. Is it pretty easy to ruin a turkey if you’ve never fried one before, or is this pretty easy ?

So a few questions:

1. Is it worth the hassle and cost to fry a turkey?

2. If you have a peanut allergy, do i assume correctly that peanut oil is a no-no?

3. If you don’t use peanut oil, what do you use?

4. Is it pretty easy to ruin a turkey if you’ve never fried one before, or is this pretty easy ?
I have used both an oil and oil-less fryer for turkeys. I personally think the oil-less fryer works just good as the oil fryer, and not having to spend 80 bucks on oil.
https://www.charbroil.com/the-big-e...mTTN5hBF6S8hBX_bAgeG9AmIZ93FKNtkaAoHuEALw_wcB

Last edited:
Fried turkey ??
I hate to even admit it, but my first thought after seeing your title to this thread that traveled through my cortex was, Jive turkey. Dammit WTH.

Last edited:
Just make sure the turkey is completely frozen before you put it in the friar

Edit: This is a joke btw

Last edited:

deep-fry-turkey-without-oil-4.jpg

I do the same but i have a cookshack fec 100. it's insulated and here in Chicago i need that feature.

I smoked 10 turkeys this Thanksgiving as i have my kids help me deliver to Vets along with sides. pack em in coolers on rollers. My kids are really getting into it so i love it. Ok 2 birds stay home.

Last edited:
I love mine. So many other things I have cooked in it. Pork shoulder for pulled pork is spectacular.
I have used my smoker more lately, but I have also cooked a lot of different cuts in the fryer. Have you ever had "Fried Prime Rib"? Throw a rib roll in that bad boy. You will not be disappointed.

tried it twice and didn't like it.
My wife who has never liked turkey does not care for the fried turkey, although everyone else that has tried it loves it. She has never been a fan of turkey in general until I smoked my first bird a few years back. She told me to get rid of my fryers and that I am smoking our turkey from now on. I will admit that it is better, I just have not done one yet for a larger crowd as our kitchen was under construction last year, and we only had my in-laws over this year. I will get a better idea next year when we resume our normal dinner plans for Thanksgiving with a larger crowd.

I smoke and deep fry turkeys for both Thanks Giving and Christmas. I love both. On the fried turkey I brine overnight and then inject the breasts b4 frying. 1 side garlic butter and the other a Cajun butter injection. Excellent.

My wife who has never liked turkey does not care for the fried turkey, although everyone else that has tried it loves it. She has never been a fan of turkey in general until I smoked my first bird a few years back. She told me to get rid of my fryers and that I am smoking our turkey from now on. I will admit that it is better, I just have not done one yet for a larger crowd as our kitchen was under construction last year, and we only had my in-laws over this year. I will get a better idea next year when we resume our normal dinner plans for Thanksgiving with a larger crowd.
Up until recently I have smoked, then fried my turkeys. My smoker died, so I am now shopping.

I would smoke the bird on really low heat for about 4 hours, then finish it in the big easy. Best of both worlds.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back