• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Friday night games coming to Big Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, but if ONE Friday every three years really gets your panties in a bunch, then have at it!

It could put a damper on recruiting with early year official visits. It probably wouldn't amount to much, though. The B1G has 42 non-conference games, and if only six are played on Friday nights, it shouldn't have too much of an impact on any one school. And, I guess Saturday 11:00 am games are difficult for official visits as well.

Last edited:
Good thing there are now at least three lanes all the way from Omaha to Lincoln. Gonna be a tighter travel window for most people.

Fit right into a "black Friday" match up with Iowa. And then give us an extra day for the conference championship game preparation.

Last edited:

Fit right into a "black Friday" match up with Iowa. And then give us an extra day for the conference championship game preparation.
I was honestly surprised that the article didnt say "Nebraska only agreed to play Iowa on Fridays in conference" or something.

My oldest graduates this year so no real decision here, except I have to work some friday nights like I do some saturdays (11am games) I already get rid of my tickets to the 11am games so I guess some lucky person gets 4 tickets to a friday game.

As college football (NCAA) gets bigger in the britches they are driving me away little by little. I love going to Lincoln on Saturdays to meet people and drink beer, I love the environment on game day but screwy start times for games, replay, stipends for athletes (even though their education is paid for) now maybe friday night games (why? because of money) it is just looking more and more like pro sports, which I don't care for too much. Is that a stretch? Yep, probably, but I have a small college in town that would love the money I am giving to Lincoln, I could stay home and drink beer and walk to the stadium, games are over in 2 1/2 to 3 hours and the kids are playing the game for the love of the game.

:Soapbox:

A couple things.
1. We do not even know if it will happen to us?
2. If it does we do not know if it would be a home game thus affecting recruiting. If it is a away game at say NW, IL, IN or An away game OOC at a California school etc. could then give the coaches a whole weekend to go visit recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back