• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Friday night games coming to Big Ten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a fan. Friday is for high school football.

I heard this being talked about on ESPN 580 today. I have no idea who the radio host was since I'm not usually in my car on Wednesday at 1:30. Anyway, it was being discussed as a great thing for schools like Purdue, Rutgers, Illinois, etc. Also, was said that it probably wouldn't happen at the schools with the bigger stadiums and that Michigan does not want to participate whether at home or away. The host also thought that it would be a huge hit on the Lincoln economy for that weekend.

Our first Friday game will probably be Wisconsin after playing Ohio State the previous Saturday. And both would be road games.

:Rolleyes:

Not a fan. Friday is for high school football.

This is my only objection.

As far as recruiting, one game every three years isn't a big deal unless it happens by some chance to fall on the bye week of some great schools. This staff has shown that recruits will reschedule to get here.

edit: Forgot about the Michigan tweet. Complete BS if true, and I would be a bit disappointed in our admin if it is.

Last edited:
Friday once in a blue moon works for me. Frees up time on Saturdays for races and building Halloween props in the fall.

I went to the USC - Colorado game last year on a Friday night in Boulder...OK but not the same as a football Saturday. Especially in Lincoln. Some things should be sacred!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back