• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Friday night game next year @ Illinois

Nebraska got lucky not to have to use a home game to play on Friday. Those home games are like gold for recruiting, thankfully they won't need to waste one on a Friday when they can't get any kids to attend.

NU is committed to hosting a Friday game in 2018 or 2019.....big mistake by them.

tantrum.jpg

Agree.Not a fan of Friday night games for college fb.Just me,but I am not a fan of them.

That is the thing, it is not just you. Michigan talks about their fan base being spread out all over, which I wouldn't argue with but who the heck does UNL administration think is going to sit in all the seats in Memorial Stadium. I work some Friday nights and won't know until right before. I don't want to be stuck with tickets so do I sell early or wait and hope I don't have to work. If I do then my seats will be empty. This is just not a smart decision.

I've read the article but don't see where OSU opted out? Only one mentioned was Meechicken....
They aren't scheduled this coming season to play on Friday, I do believe OSU has said they don't want any Friday games. The point is they always get the advantage in scheduling and other things, reminds me of Texas.

They aren't scheduled this coming season to play on Friday, I do believe OSU has said they don't want any Friday games. The point is they always get the advantage in scheduling and other things, reminds me of Texas.
I thought they said they didn't want to HOST any Friday night games? That's a little different then opting out.

my email to Shawn Eichorst on the 4th:

As a longtime season ticket holder, I am writing to express my concerns about the significant disruption of tradition in order to chase TV money. Friday night games are a bad idea for Nebraska and the Big 10. We travel over three hours to attend home games (like many other fans), a switch to Friday's would be unacceptable. My observation are the leagues that have weekday games typically are having issues with attendance and are minor conferences. I would appreciate it if the athletic department would come out with the message similar to Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State athletic departments stating that they will not participate in Friday evening games. Is this about the in game fan experience or about creating a TV product? Please stand with your friends and protect our tradition.

I think NU knows the money is drying up from the fan base; they are looking for the easy money.

I think NU knows the money is drying up from the fan base; they are looking for the easy money.
Two thoughts:
1. What evidence is there for you to say the money is drying up from the fan base?
2. I don't think NU gets a larger share of the B1G money just for playing on Friday night. So, not really any easy money to be had by doing it.

2. I don't think NU gets a larger share of the B1G money just for playing on Friday night. So, not really any easy money to be had by doing it.
Then don't be stupid and accept this. It's really dumb of NU to do this. Where are the balls on this athletic dept? Are there any? Maybe they feel like the team plays like the MAC, so, may as well play some games on Friday's. Big boy football seems to be a thing of the past.

If our fans don't like it then don't show up for the Friday game. That would send a strong message to rethink the entire idea........... Everyone that doesn't like that can't attend can refuse to watch it on TV. Lots of ways to get the conference to reconsider Friday night football.

Then don't be stupid and accept this. It's really dumb of NU to do this. Where are the balls on this athletic dept? Are there any? Maybe they feel like the team plays like the MAC, so, may as well play some games on Friday's. Big boy football seems to be a thing of the past.

Valid question...certainly waiting for someone to provide that answer.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back