• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Friday night game next year @ Illinois

:Puke:It's one less game to host top notch recruits. Notice how Mich and Ohio St got a pass. The rich keep getting richer.

Don't forget the Friday game next year is a road game. No worries about hosting recruits and no effect on Nebraska HS football other than there will be more people with earbuds in while attending HS football games.

I can see us doing away games with Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers etc... I assume schools with less game attendance would be eager to get the extra revenue to host.

Everyone keeps saying that Ohio St. opted out but it looks like they are on the schedule for Sept.8 @ Purdue. I just figured the columnist gave them a double slam by not only ignoring the T for THE he also dropped St. :cool:

Fri., Sept. 1 Washington at Rutgers
Fri., Sept. 1 Utah State at Wisconsin
Fri., Sept. 8 Ohio at Purdue
Fri., Sept. 29 Nebraska at Illinois
Fri., Oct. 13 Northwestern at Maryland
Fri., Oct. 27 Michigan State at Northwestern

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110816aab.html

Nebraska got lucky not to have to use a home game to play on Friday. Those home games are like gold for recruiting, thankfully they won't need to waste one on a Friday when they can't get any kids to attend.

World herald said this morning that Nebraska will host a Friday night game in the next couple of years.

The Huskers had already agreed to host one home game at some point over the three-year period of the Friday night package. Nebraska will host that game either in 2018 or 2019.

This my friends is going to present a real big problem.

Just sent an email to SE to find out if this is true. The following is the email.

The above is from a World Herald article this morning. Please tell me this is NOT true and that you are suing the world herald for liable.

You can't possibly think that a Friday night game is good for anything. Please tell me this is all a bad dream.

Well, the Purdue game is against the Fighting Frankies, so......

Everyone keeps saying that Ohio St. opted out but it looks like they are on the schedule for Sept.8 @ Purdue. I just figured the columnist gave them a double slam by not only ignoring the T for THE he also dropped St. :cool:

Fri., Sept. 1 Washington at Rutgers
Fri., Sept. 1 Utah State at Wisconsin
Fri., Sept. 8 Ohio at Purdue
Fri., Sept. 29 Nebraska at Illinois
Fri., Oct. 13 Northwestern at Maryland
Fri., Oct. 27 Michigan State at Northwestern

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110816aab.html

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back