• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Friday night game next year @ Illinois

JHudson

Administrator
Staff member
20 Year Member
2017 Friday Primetime Sked Announced

Nov. 8, 2016

Big Ten schools announced football games to be televised in Friday primetime during the 2017 season. The games, which will be televised by ESPN and FOX, are as follows:

Fri., Sept. 1 Washington at Rutgers
Fri., Sept. 1 Utah State at Wisconsin
Fri., Sept. 8 Ohio at Purdue
Fri., Sept. 29 Nebraska at Illinois
Fri., Oct. 13 Northwestern at Maryland
Fri., Oct. 27 Michigan State at Northwestern

As a result of the Conference's new television agreements, every Big Ten football game over the next six years will be nationally televised by ABC/ESPN, FOX or BTN. Of the approximately 600 games scheduled to be broadcast by our television partners in the next six years, 36 games (6 per year) will occur on Friday night. While not all institutions are able to participate in Friday night matchups, all 14 institutions will participate in the broad initiative to provide more primetime exposure on national platforms.

The Big Ten Conference appreciates the significance of high school football within the region and has worked to minimize the impact of this initiative by limiting the number of Friday night games. Overall, these games represent approximately 6% of Big Ten home games annually, and no institution will host more than one game in any given year. Friday night games will also be announced at least 10 months in advance to provide all parties adequate time to prepare.

Northwestern gets two

raw

Last edited:
I kind of like that it gives us a long week before Wisky comes to Lincoln.

Still not really a fan of the idea.

I don't mind the occasional Friday night game.

The thing I don't like is this back to back with Wisconsin and Ohio State. I'm sure every team has to deal with it, but this just seems like rotten scheduling by the Big 10.

I don't mind the occasional Friday night game.

The thing I don't like is this back to back with Wisconsin and Ohio State. I'm sure every team has to deal with it, but this just seems like rotten scheduling by the Big 10.
At least next year they're both in Lincoln

I just sent a tersely worded email to the Big Ten on how disappointed I am with the Friday night games. Asking me to chose between my high school and the Huskers (yes I know I can DVR) but I should not have to do that is wrong. They make more than enough money and each year I have to spend more money, just getting tired of it all. I am already giving up 2 of my tickets for next year I guess not supporting the Big 10 sponsors is about the only thing left to do. :mad::mad:

Well I will be there next year for sure. Should be fun. Funny but true that there will be a TON of people getting married that Saturday I got married in May so it didn't interupt anything sports related.

Ugh! Was thinking about going to this game, now it means taking time off work (unless it starts at 9:00 pm!). Friday not should not be a college football game day unless its the last or first day of a year.

I would have liked the B1G to just go with the traditional Black Friday game as NU's contribution to the Friday football idea. Still, a road game at Illinois isn't that big of a deal. Not ideal, but since NU could have opted out of the Friday games, I'm guessing Riley gave his approval on this.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back