• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Frankie Williams committs to:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess he didn't want to drag it out and had found what he wanted in a school and football program.....best of luck to him....:) Except when he plays Nebraska....;):lol:

Last edited:
I think it must be a soft verbal as he may be still visiting. Crazy if you ask me! But then again maybe he just wanted to secure a spot on Purdue in case they ran out of schollies?!?!?!

Thats interesting....if I was Purdue's coach I wouldn't be sitting real easy right now....and yeah I agree looks like a place-holder...IF we don't blow him away....

Thanks SB....

Place holding in not uncommon....we have had it happen to us a few times.......I don't blame Frankie...its a cutthroat process...just look at the kids in the SEC who are oversigned big time and then get bumped after a year or two....

Weird. Hope this isn't an indication of his character and only just common practice among players.

Don't forget its about realtionships too and he has had a chance to build that with the Purdue coaches....our coaches have come in late and have a ton of ground to make up....sounds like his high school coach is trying to push him our way, to at least give us a look....

Don't forget its about realtionships too and he has had a chance to build that with the Purdue coaches....our coaches have come in late and have a ton of ground to make up....sounds like his high school coach is trying to push him our way, to at least give us a look....

That's because he recognizes that Nebraska is on the up and up, while Purdue is still struggling.

Place holding in not uncommon....we have had it happen to us a few times.......I don't blame Frankie...its a cutthroat process...just look at the kids in the SEC who are oversigned big time and then get bumped after a year or two....

Not a fan of "place-holding" but I understand why it happens....Bubba Starling is an example that I can think of.

True....coaches will try and steer kids in the right direction....Purdue will always been a middle of the road Big Ten team at best in the long run....and the recruiting shows that....have had their moments, as we know, but are not a traditonal football power....however, Frankie may feel its the best fit for him and the best chance for him to see playing time...

That's because he recognizes that Nebraska is on the up and up, while Purdue is still struggling.

Nik Sade is perhaps an example of it....the local team came calling with a scholarship and he bolted....

Not a fan of "place-holding" but I understand why it happens....Bubba Starling is an example that I can think of.

True....coaches will try and steer kids in the right direction....Purdue will always been a middle of the road Big Ten team at best in the long run....and the recruiting shows that....have had their moments, as we know, but are not a traditonal football power....however, Frankie may feel its the best fit for him and the best chance for him to see playing time...

That's what I think is going to be interesting--which he will place more value on: Purdue's (possible) relationship wih coaches, or Nebraska's potential and upside. Frankie is definitely one to keep an eye on.

You can't under-estimate realtionships....he may connect big-time, with our coaches, and program as Ameer Abdullah did on his visit....that is our hope....on the other hand he is covering himself....and I don't blame him.....

That's what I think is going to be interesting--which he will place more value on: Purdue's (possible) relationship wih coaches, or Nebraska's potential and upside. Frankie is definitely one to keep an eye on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back