• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frankie Fidler UNO Transfer to visit > Michigan State

Frankie Fidler is part of a group of three players out of Bellevue West HS that all went elsewhere.

Frankie Fidler - UNO (in portal)
William Kyle - SDSU (in portal)
Chucky Hepburn - Wisconsin (Not in Portal, at least not yet)

With our recent good results from bringing home Nebraska players to finish their careers (Sam Griesel, Josiah Alleck), some are speculating any (or all) of the three would be welcome to return; And would be valuable .contributors to the team.

Mike Sautter reporting we reached out to William Kyle as soon as he entered the portal. Among bigs, we've also reached out to Michigan Sophomore Tarris Reed.

I read where we have also reached out to Tony Perkins - Iowa. (Ahron Ulis was his room mate @ Iowa)

Last edited:
Fidler can score, my impression is at B1G level. From the games I saw he either can’t defend or doesn’t like to or both.

Could be an upgrade for a Wilcher type role, scoring, maybe off the bench. To log 30+ minutes you really need a guy who can/will play at least average d.

Last edited:
Frankie Fidler is part of a group of three players out of Bellevue West HS that all went elsewhere.

Frankie Fidler - UNO (in portal)
William Kyle - SDSU (in portal)
Chucky Hepburn - Wisconsin (Not in Portal, at least not yet)

With our recent good results from bringing home Nebraska players to finish their careers (Sam Griesel, Josiah Alleck), some are speculating any (or all) of the three would be welcome to return; And would be valuable .contributors to the team.

Mike Sautter reporting we reached out to William Kyle as soon as he entered the portal. Among bigs, we've also reached out to Michigan Sophomore Tarris Reed.

I read where we have also reached out to Tony Perkins - Iowa. (Ahron Ulis was his room mate @ Iowa)
Kyle and Perkins would be good adds. Bring in Fidler for offensive burst, lose no more to the portal and if Uhlis is eligible the Huskers have a comparable and probably better 8 man rotation than this year. No one as exciting as Tomi but Perkins was all conference and a good replacement. And Perkins/Uhlis defensively in the backcourt would be an upgrade defensively over Tomi/Sam. I love Sam’s effort and all the little things he does but he’s limited athletically. The 2nd half vs IL and the TAMU game showed you need athletes to get to the next level.

Landing fidler and getting mast back are the 2 biggest things for this team off season imo

Im kinda wondering if Gavin from rutgers that is visiting, is a indication that fidlers not comin
I know Fred is being selective on who we go after, but I do think he's not going to put all his eggs in one basket, and is going to have backup plans if our first choices go elsewhere. I think Hugley visiting from OU is additional indication that Mast might be heading home.

Last edited:

Frankie Fidler delaying his decision -- I thought he was a Wisconsin commit for sure, so this actually may be good news for Nebraska. :) It might be a Lloyd Christmas moment, but there's a chance.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back