• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fox Tries Again With the BPL

My daughter is a huge woman's team fan too...as am I....:)

Second league that has folded fro women soccer players....women's pro sports are a tough sell...which is sad...

My daughter prefers to look up to Megan Rapinhoe, Abby Wambach, Lauren Cheney, and a host of other female players.

Alas, the pro women have no US league to play in. They couldn't even make a six team east coast league successful. :(

Agree and not in the EPL....

One major factor - I can take my family of 4 to a Chicago Fire game, get good seats, 4 hot dogs, and 4 cokes for about $104. No way you'll get that at most other major sporting events.

One major factor - I can take my family of 4 to a Chicago Fire game, get good seats, 4 hot dogs, and 4 cokes for about $104. No way you'll get that at most other major sporting events.

IMO, this is another HUGE part of the equation when it comes to expanding the MLS. MLS teams will always have their "hard-core" fans. the 10-15,000 that will show up on a regular basis. What's needed to expand is the casual fan, who normally wouldn't choose to spend their money going to a MLS game. If you can get a family of 4 to choose a SKC game over a Royals game, Fire game over a White Sox game, Dynamo game over an Astro's game, etc, the league will grow.

In all honesty, those casual fans aren't going to care if the quality of MLS play comes close to matching the top European leagues. They'll want a family friendly/affordable event, that's entertaining, and worthy of a return trip.

That I agree with....the casual fan that is...and honestly the quality as we both know is getting better every year....

IMO, this is another HUGE part of the equation when it comes to expanding the MLS. MLS teams will always have their "hard-core" fans. the 10-15,000 that will show up on a regular basis. What's needed to expand is the casual fan, who normally wouldn't choose to spend their money going to a MLS game. If you can get a family of 4 to choose a SKC game over a Royals game, Fire game over a White Sox game, Dynamo game over an Astro's game, etc, the league will grow.

In all honesty, those casual fans aren't going to care if the quality of MLS play comes close to matching the top European leagues. They'll want a family friendly/affordable event, that's entertaining, and worthy of a return trip.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back