• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fox Sports NOT on Dish TV

Your 200Mbps is overkill, but when you find a good solution, best not to mess with it! I have 150 but with an ethernet connection to my streaming box. I'm sure I could downgrade to 85 or even lower and still have perfect functioning. We only watch the TV on the wired connection, so zero signal issues after the modem...

We could debate how much is worth it on the top end, but if you're trying to make streaming enjoyable, gotta have more than 25 on the bottom end.

Last edited:
We left Direct Tv a few months ago. I was debating between Hulu Live and YouTube TV. Cobra Kai tilted the scales in favor of YouTube TV.

I'm still on Dish, but got locked into a lifetime price guarantee. We only have the basic package which includes networks and a few channels like Discovery.

Come fall, I can add two different sports packs to get ESPN and BTN, but it's only $15/mo extra and I only pay during football season.

I used to have DirecTV but wound up paying something like $90/mo for sports. $40 is much more bearable with it spiking to $55 during football season.

I still think I'll probably cut the cord after another year or so, though. Streaming sports have come a long way.

I just dumped directv, going to dish. I am sick and tired of all this blackmail that is going on. At least, with dish, you get to store so much more. These entities make so much money, just pay the price, o.k? How many billions do you need to make? Jerks!! :(

FYI, Fox sports regional networks, FX, FXX, NatGeo) are no longer owned by 20th century fox... They are owned by Disney now as part of the 20th Century fox divestiture of most of its assets. BTN/FS1/FS2 are still owned by 20th century fox.

Disney also is negiotiating a sale of the Fox RSN's to a station provider right now. they dont plan on keeping them but it was part of the spinoff deal and concession for regulatory approvals.

I am locked into Direct for another year. Planning to go with YouTube (or whatever seems best) then.

I just dumped directv, going to dish. I am sick and tired of all this blackmail that is going on. At least, with dish, you get to store so much more. These entities make so much money, just pay the price, o.k? How many billions do you need to make? Jerks!! :(
.... dumped directv, going to dish .... Me too, 5 years ago or so. Now cut the cord club.

Used to be DirecTV was independent company. Pretty good service until gobbled up with evil AT&T. AT&T=Jerks. Almost sure DishNetwork will joined DirecTV path .... probably next year.

Anyho, both DirecTV & Dish weak link, weather (past experience).

BTW in the near future, DirecTV and Dish satellites will be idle. Another space junk. Why? ... because 99.9% people will join TV streaming signal.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back