• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fox Sports NOT on Dish TV

RogelioVB

Recruit
2 Year Member
Fox Sports and Dish TV have about 30 days to get an agreement completed or MANY college football fans will be leaving Dish TV

Fox Sports 1 is still available. This is currently just the regional networks, so no impact on Husker football (yet).

Hulu plus Live TV
Me too. First time Hulu subscriber last August. Including BTN. Only $40 dollars per month plus no contract. Initially, I'm worried about streaming thing but as a result, very very happy. No problems at all.

I'm sold on Roku streamer ..... hundreds of channels; lots of free TV.

Last edited:
Hulu plus Live TV

Yep, streaming is the only way to go. Lot's of options and few obligations. We use YouTubeTV, but my son has the Hulu + and loves it.

They are starting some price creep. I started last year on YTTV at $35/mo. Now they claim they added channels, and are charging $49/mo. Seems like the Hulu live is $45, so I may switch over. Even still, we were paying $135/mo when we dropped cable. And the reliability and quality of streaming, for us, is every bit as good as cable was.

Me too. First time Hulu subscriber last August. Including BTN. Only $40 dollars per month plus no contract. Initially, I'm worried about streaming thing but as a result, very very happy. No problems at all.

I'm sold on Roku streamer ..... hundreds of channels; lots of free TV.

It's exciting to me too. For the first time, the consumer actually has a few options.

Yep, streaming is the only way to go. Lot's of options and few obligations. We use YouTubeTV, but my son has the Hulu + and loves it.

I tried YouTubeTV (free trial). Similar to Hulu. Either way ... I picked Hulu for some reason.

Actually I paid $50/mo instead of $40 because Hulu add-on ... unlimited screens and no limit hours on virtual DVR ($10 higher).

Here is the list of what is off of Dish right now. They were blocked by Fox and Dish was willing to keep them up under the current contract during negotiations if you believe what is being said.

• Fox Sports Arizona
  • Fox Sports Cincinnati
  • Fox Sports Detroit
  • Fox Sports Florida
  • Fox Sports Midwest
  • Fox Sports North
  • Fox Sports Ohio
  • Fox Sports Prime Ticket
  • Fox Sports San Diego
  • Fox Sports South
  • Fox Sports Southeast
  • Fox Sports Southwest
  • Fox Sports SportsTime Ohio
  • Fox Sports Sun
  • Fox Sports West
  • YES Network (Sling TV only)
As a Dish Network customer for years I keep up on what is going on here.

Have been using YouTube TV for the past year. I'm a fan.

Can't say it's "cheap" by any stretch. $50 per month, but if you're evaluating it against a traditional cable package, it compares very well. YTTV also has a pretty deep focus on sports-related channels.

Keep in mind - you want fast enough internet service to make it all work. I pay for 200Mbps ISP, and I have mesh Wi-Fi throughout the house.

Last edited:

Have been using YouTube TV for the past year. I'm a fan.

Can't say it's "cheap" by any stretch. $50 per month, but if you're evaluating it against a traditional cable package, it compares very well. YTTV also has a pretty deep focus on sports-related channels.

Keep in mind - you want fast enough internet service to make it all work. I pay for 200Mbps ISP, and I have mesh Wi-Fi throughout the house.

Your 200Mbps is overkill, but when you find a good solution, best not to mess with it! I have 150 but with an ethernet connection to my streaming box. I'm sure I could downgrade to 85 or even lower and still have perfect functioning. We only watch the TV on the wired connection, so zero signal issues after the modem...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back