• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Four Northwestern Players Opt Of Season

I agree with wcbas. Maybe they just realized they weren't going to get much time and find it's too late to go to the portal.

Including QB Aiden Smith who threw for 760 yards last year
Poor Wildcats might be stuck with that 5 star QB that transferred from Clemson.

Northwestern's starter will be Peyton Ramsey.

He was Indiana's starter last season and is now a grad transfer.

You may remember, he passed for 351 yards and 2 TDs and ran for 42 yards and another TD against Nebraska last season.

Last edited:

I agree with wcbas. Maybe they just realized they weren't going to get much time and find it's too late to go to the portal.

Perhaps, but why opt out? It’s not going to count against their eligibility. I guess this means they don’t practice or eat at the training table. I don’t think their health risk is going to go down depending on how the rest of the campus is doing with infection rate.

Northwestern's starter will be Peyton Ramsey.

He was Indiana's starter last season and is now a grad transfer.

You may remember, he passed for 351 yards and 2 TDs and ran for 42 yards and another TD against Nebraska last season.

How could we forget......he was actually their backup QB until the week before they beat us.

How could we forget......he was actually their backup QB until the week before they beat us.

Yeah, you're right.

Penix was their starter for roughly half the season, but Ramsey actually played quite a bit in every game. Ramsey had 80 pass attempts for over 600 yards in the first four games last season, while Penix was the true starter. But they'd interchange on series quite a bit (sort of a 1a/1b). Penix got hurt against Maryland (week before Nebraska) then Ramsey took over full-time. Ramsey actually was the starter the entire season prior.

Anyhow, Northwestern struggled mightily at QB last season, so signing Ramsey and his 952 career pass attempts was a huge get. Their defense was very solid in 2019, so just adding a capable QB should provide significant value for Northwestern in 2020.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back