• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Four ingredients or less in under a half hour

In reference to Hthill's recipe, always use less water than the rice recipe calls for. There is a vast left and right wing conspiracy to make Americans cook soggy rice.

In reference to Hthill's recipe, always use less water than the rice recipe calls for. There is a vast left and right wing conspiracy to make Americans cook soggy rice.

I took the easy way to making rice perfect every time. I married an Asian and let her cook it.:thumbsup:

Yeah, that's why I said you may have to have more or less of some things. Might need to cook it longer, too. I don't know for sure... I don't really measure stuff when I make this. Man it's good, though. And so simple.

White Chili

At the grocery store, look in the spice section. Find Schillings "Chili" and you are in the area. I'm pretty sure it's Schilling that makes an envelope mix called "White Chili" also. Whoever makes it, buy the envelope of mix called "White Chili."

1 envelope White Chile seasoning mix.
1 pound chicken, skinned, boned, cubed, seared in a frying pan with light oil.
1 can white beans, plus some water as specified on the envelope.

This is a healthy, and extremely popular meal - great for parties - buy 3 or 4 envelopes and the necessary chicken and beans. 30 minutes and you are D-U-N done.

Bring a pot of water to boil and add pasta of your choice.
Cut up some good pancetta into small pieces and fry in a pan.
Drain off fat and add a small onion and cook until onion is clear
Add a can or two of diced tomatoes
Simmer till the tomatoes become a sauce
Season with a little garlic, salt and pepper and crushed red pepper!

Pour sauce over cooked pasta.

Last edited:
Bring a pot of water to boil and add pasta of your choice.
Cut up some good pancetta into small pieces and fry in a pan.
Drain off fat and add a small onion and cook until onion is clear
Add a can or two of diced tomatoes
Simmer till the tomatoes become a sauce
Season with a little garlic, salt and pepper and crushed red pepper!

Pour sauce over cooked pasta.

I'll definitely try this one for sure...I'll have to find a 5 gallon pot somewhere LOL

I'll definitely try this one for sure...I'll have to find a 5 gallon pot somewhere LOL

It's an old Italian favorite. Just saw it in the Omaha world herald the other day and I remembered friends Mom's back in the hood making it as I was growing up. My Mom never did but different parts of Italy mean different recipes. I have not had it for a long time but will be making some soon also!

Old quick favorite..Serves 2 or 3

Ingredients:

1 lb hamburger (Not the lean stuff...get the fat stuff...trust me!)
1 TBS Flour
8 Pieces of Bread
2 cups of Milk

Brown 1lb of hamburger
Take out hamburger but leave ALL of the grease in the pan
Add approx 1 Tablespoon of flour...stir in and soak up grease.. Should be a moist "paste"..
Let this cook on medium for 5 minutes.
Add approximately 2 cups of milk and bring to boil. Let boil for 3-4 minutes until thick. (Yep..you made gravy!) Add more milk if too thick.

Tear up bread in small pieces and spread on plate
Cover with gravy.

YUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

White Chili

At the grocery store, look in the spice section. Find Schillings "Chili" and you are in the area. I'm pretty sure it's Schilling that makes an envelope mix called "White Chili" also. Whoever makes it, buy the envelope of mix called "White Chili."

1 envelope White Chile seasoning mix.
1 pound chicken, skinned, boned, cubed, seared in a frying pan with light oil.
1 can white beans, plus some water as specified on the envelope.

This is a healthy, and extremely popular meal - great for parties - buy 3 or 4 envelopes and the necessary chicken and beans. 30 minutes and you are D-U-N done.

AzH, this was awesome. Quick, easy, truly simplicity at its finest. I added onions and habaneros to the chicken while browning in the pan. EXCELLENT with corn tortillas to mop up the last drops from your bowl.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back