• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former Recruit Mi'Cole Cayton Commits to Cal

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Mi'Cole Cayton (thankfully not Crayton :Biggrin:) from Stockton, CA

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3qxWG8eSg6w" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="854"></iframe>

Mi'Cole Cayton (fm Stockton, CA) looks like she'll be a great addition to the team (but why does the shot-clock always appear @ 27 sec? Are they just showing the same series? ;))

The player shown is Aquira DeCosts, feshman @ St. Mary's. Mi'Cole Cayton appears @ 1:20 in the video

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dkxLFzECcQ0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

(no wonder our incoming class of Freshmen is ranked No. 14 nationally by Blue Star).

Last edited:

Cayton rounds out the Rams
Mar 10, 2016 4:09 PM

STOCKTON — Every key player on the national No. 1 St. Mary’s girls basketball team has been dynamic........
Yet, it’s the eclectic skill set of senior guard Mi’Cole Cayton that epitomizes just how well-rounded St. Mary’s is.

Rams coach Tom Gonsalves sees Cayton as a matchup nightmare for the opposition, someone who can slash to the basket to score or set up her teammates, drain the 3 ball and create controlled havoc on defense.

In her four-year varsity career, Cayton has tallied 975 points, 215 rebounds, 206 assists and 193 steals. If Cayton keeps up with her season averages, she could hit the 1,000-point career milestone either in a potential NorCal semifinal on Tuesday or NorCal final on March 19.

She averages 12 points, two assists and two steals per game, and shoots 47 percent from the field.

Cayton is planning on becoming a pre-law student at Nebraska.

http://stocktonpreps.com/news/670/cayton-rounds-out-the-rams/

Last edited:
Uh oh. Mi-Cole has openned up her recruitment.

Hopefully in the end she will realize that it is Nebraska, and not a coach, that makes this place so great.

With Kathleen Doyle going to Iowa, we really need Mi'Cole to stick with the Huskers. I saw a tweet about her announcing soon, but I can't seem to find the details.

With Kathleen Doyle going to Iowa, we really need Mi'Cole to stick with the Huskers. I saw a tweet about her announcing soon, but I can't seem to find the details.

Visiting Utah this week. She is expected to stay in the West. Huge loss of talent int he program due to the Yori firing.

Last edited:
Too Bad, but I don't think we stood that much of a chance anyway, with the coaching change and all, considering the distance from Mi'Cole's home in California.

I hope she doesn't choose Cal (although she graduated near the top of her class and should have the grades). I went to the Cal/Lady Husker game in December and the turn-out was pathetic. Other than the Cal Pep Band there were only a handful (couple hundred at most) of Cal fans there to root their team on (And Cal was Ranked #21 or 22 At The Time!) vs what's our attendance for home games? - in the thousands! Speaking of Cal, we should have won that game, coming back from being down 63-57 at the end of 3Q to tie at 74-all; losing in OT 87-80. For whatever reason our passing was just not crisp for much of the game, which you just can't do vs an athletic team like Cal and expect to win.

While nobody likes losing recruits, I am quite pleased with the incoming class who have honored their commitments; Nicea Eliely, Grace Mitchell, Hannah Whitish, newcomer Rylie Cascio Jensen, and the returning players.

It will be very interesting to see what new HC Amy Williams can do with her new team. We'll see a different style of play, for sure - hopefully the style William's brings from her SDSU NIT-winning season!

Looks like she may get to play @ Pinnacle after all. No doubt she'll be on the Cal Bench when they come to play next season.

(She'll get to find out how Husker Fans support our team! ;))

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mi’Cole Cayton, ranked No. 78 in 2016 class and had signed with Nebraska before the coaching change, has now signed with California.</p>&mdash; Brent Wagner (@LJSSportsWagner) <a href="https://twitter.com/LJSSportsWagner/status/741108831975964672">June 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back