• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former Recruit Kathleen Doyle Commits to Iowa

Kathleen with Cubs' Manager Joe Maddon yesterday. Come on Kathleen, stick with the Huskers. :balloons:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 133

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WBB: MiCole Cayton &amp; Kathleen Doyle still looking at Nebraska. Cayton cuts down her list early next week. Doyle may pick b/w Nebraska/Iowa.</p>&mdash; Samuel McKewon (@swmckewonOWH) <a href="https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/730862890668826624">May 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I know I must be crazy but as time to decide elapses, I'm getting a little more optimistic we could sign some of the Lady Huskers that are vacillating!

I first thought/hoped we'd have maybe, just maybe, a chance of getting one of the three.

Now, it seems that our chances may be getting a little bit better; we just could make it two of the three.

(And, who knows, dare I say it, it could even be a Hat-trick. :eek:)

:koolaid:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WBB: MiCole Cayton & Kathleen Doyle still looking at Nebraska. Cayton cuts down her list early next week. Doyle may pick b/w Nebraska/Iowa.</p>— Samuel McKewon (@swmckewonOWH) <a href="https://twitter.com/swmckewonOWH/status/730862890668826624">May 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I know I must be crazy but as time to decide elapses, I'm getting a little more optimistic we could sign some of the Lady Huskers that are vacillating!

I first thought/hoped we'd have maybe, just maybe, a chance of getting one of the three.

Now, it seems that our chances may be getting a little bit better; we just could make it two of the three.

(And, who knows, dare I say it, it could even be a Hat-trick. :eek:)

:koolaid:

That would be sweet, and great work by Williams and her staff.

That would be like pulling a rabbit out of a hat, I suppose.

Oh...you meant the other one. :wave:

I've seen Kathleen play in person. Great all-around talent and a great team player. Not very tall, but a good defender, passer, shooter, jumper, etc., and very unselfish. She will help do whatever it takes to help her team win, even if she is not the star. I don't see her being a big-time scorer for Nebraska (I could be wrong), but she will make everyone on the court better when she is in.
Magic Johnson wasn't a great scorer either, but he made everyone around him that much better.

Big loss for NU. And now we get to watch Doyle play against us in the league each year. New staff couldn't make the sale. We lose 2 top 100 recruits and an All Big-10 player. That's what happens when you blow up a successful program. This could end poorly. Let me know if we keep recruiting top 100 players. It ain't easy here.

Bump.

This still leaves a pit in my stomach. Big mistake for her to flip to Iowa. She won't ever fully understand what she missed out on by not sticking with Nebraska.

Bump.

This still leaves a pit in my stomach. Big mistake for her to flip to Iowa. She won't ever fully understand what she missed out on by not sticking with Nebraska.

Iowa is a solid women's basketball program, regardless of how they did against NU this season. At the time of her switch and all of last season, everything pointed to Iowa being a better program over the four years of her college career. In fact, everything pointed to Iowa having a better season this year until about two weeks ago.

I don't fault her at all and also don't lose any sleep over the perceived snub.

I don't understand the acrimony directed toward former Husker commit Kathleen Doyle. I'm with BG Red and do not see where anyone could fault her for doing what she thought was best for her future in view of the coaching change at Nebraska and the turmoil surrounding the program. She is a good player and would be an asset to any program. I wish her nothing but the best (except for when she is playing against the Huskers).

Having said that, it makes me all the more appreciative of the Recruits that did re-confirm their commitment to be Huskers. I am quite Happy with the Players (and coaches) that we have!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back