• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former Husker Jordan Larson selected for U.S. Olympic team

redwinghusker

All Big 10
10 Year Member
Congrats to Jordan!! :thumbsup:

http://huskerextra.com/sports/huskers/volleyball/article_6ce7a934-56ce-5b41-b41f-c5fd30ffcdd9.html

Jordan Larson is headed to her first Olympic Games as a member of the United States women’s volleyball team.
The three-time All-American at Nebraska from the small town of Hooper was named to the 12-team roster on Tuesday evening.
“Words cannot express my excitement to be a part of this team,â€￾ Larson said in a news release. “It has been something I have dreamed about for a very long time. I would like to thank all my family, friends, coaches and teammates who have helped me along the way to be the player and person I am today. I couldn't have done it without you all.â€￾
Larson joins former Huskers Lori Endicott (1992 and ’96), Allison Weston (2000) and Nancy Metcalf (’04) in making the Olympic team.
Metcalf did not make the final cut for this Olympic team, and is a replacement player.
Larson has played with the national team since 2009. Last month, she started the first six matches for the FIVB World Grand Prix preliminary rounds to help the U.S. qualify for the final round and win the title.
The U.S. team is ranked No. 1 in the world, and will try to win gold in indoor volleyball for the first time.
The volleyball competition in the London Games for the U.S. begins on July 28.
Reach Brent C. Wagner at 402-473-7435 or [email protected].

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back