• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former CU running back Rashaan Salaam found dead

Did he have a troubled history (past or recent) of mental illness, depression, etc. Of any kind? Were there warning flags that were missed?
Yes. They've been alluding to a troubled past on local sports radio here all day. No details given other than he washed out of the NFL because he was a 'partier'.

Did he have a troubled history (past or recent) of mental illness, depression, etc. Of any kind? Were there warning flags that were missed?

It is hard to say. He was always open about his addiction to marijuana during his three pro years (was in rehab after being the NFC Rookie of the Year). After he fell out of the limelight, I cannot say for certain. Marijuana itself is not known to be addictive, typically, but it certainly could be to anyone who suffers from an addictive personality disorder. Perhaps his addiction(s) moved to other types of substances/medicines. He never appeared to be intoxicated on anything the several times each year or two that I was around him.

RIP. Even though he played for the 'Buffs, I thought highly of him. Reminded me of Rozier. I thought he was great and rooted for him. Was disappointed his career in the NFL never really took off. But he was a great college player and competitor to the Big Red. An outstanding player along the line of Rozier, Sims, etc. a little bigger and a bit slower but great nonetheless.

Awful news. May he Rest In Peace. Blessings to his surviving family as well. So young.

I was at that 1994 game. Life's short. We're blessed to even be able to post on some message board. Remember that.

Very nice thread. Thank you, friends.

Those of us who got to know Rashaan around Boulder this last decade +, all enjoyed his gentle kindness to anyone and everyone he met.

Peace, brother.
Peace Rashaan... I feel for the pain you felt in this life and your family that is left behind. My best friend committed suicide 3 years ago and not a single day has gone bye without thinking of him. Suicide is heavy to the loved one and friends.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back