• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former 5 star DB Tyreke Johnson (transfer from Ohio State) Nebraska bound?

1622736420912.png

Interesting.
During his redshirt-freshman season, Johnson played in seven games for Ohio State, recording a mere three tackles. He then played in just four games this past season as a third-year sophomore, a campaign altered drastically by COVID-19, recording just five tackles. He did not record any interceptions during his time with the Buckeyes.

Johnson's lack of playing time on the field was likely due to those ahead of him on the depth chart. Names like Jeff Okudah (2017-19) and Shaun Wade (2017-20) made national names for themselves in the Ohio State secondary over the past two years. In addition to those players, the likes of Sheffield and Arnette made it tough for Johnson to find his way onto the field, and Sevyn Banks is a top returning starter entering 2021.

He was never able to break through there which is not a surprise considering the talent they have and had. Lot of guys get lost at schools like Ohio State look no further than Joe Burrow

Honestly Cam Taylor Britt is one if not the only guy we have that would have played there

I think he would be a really good pickup and he has a lot of interest from other schools too

He was never able to break through there which is not a surprise considering the talent they have and had. Lot of guys get lost at schools like Ohio State look no further than Joe Burrow

Honestly Cam Taylor Britt is one if not the only guy we have that would have played there

I think he would be a really good pickup and he has a lot of interest from other schools too
I like the fact he has two years of eligibility left. Or is it three with the covid rules?

I liked him more as a safety prospect coming out of HS. Played primarily corner at Ohio State. We all know how much Fisher loves versatile guys. I still think his game is better suited to safety, but he could play all four spots in the secondary. Would be a really good pickup with 3 years of eligibility.

I'm just going to goby Fishes read on the guy.
If we offer, and its announced, then we'll know, another keeper for coach Fish

I would think he will decide soon so as to have more time learning the playbook and getting comfortable with his team mates. Where else is he looking at?

I would think he will decide soon so as to have more time learning the playbook and getting comfortable with his team mates. Where else is he looking at?
Been reading the articles avaialble but haven't seen content about other schools he is considering/visiting? Any ideas?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back