• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fordham Week Practice Thread: 2 September Coach Frost

So with special teams
One error means you open the spot up and tell the team you don't trust him
I don't remember TO demoted guys for one error
Chill out
The point is not to jam on Cam. There needs to be a dynamic change in practice and more importantly game performance to stop these undisciplined plays. It isn't just one mistake by one player. It is systemic failures in special teams as well as special situations 3rd and long, quick change situations, 2nd string QB's entering the game. Four years of this now. You can say "oh good try son, keep working at it in year 1. Year 4- mistake should equal to sitting someone. Cam is needed on the defense, not fumbling punt returns. Grown ass men with families are about to lose their jobs. No more of this "same old movie" crap Frost spoke of. Change requires change.

Last edited:

It was an egregious error that was made by a senior leader. It was an extraordinary lack of discipline. Of course, he deserves another shot, but he has to feel the pain of what he did. I wouldn't put him back there until they play Buffalo.
It was egregious enough, I may not give him another chance. Unless he is the next Johnny Rodgers.

That's how accountability works.
I can't imagine Nick Saban putting him back there again

I think you are correct abut Frost, at this point in time. I think the last couple years Frost would stick with AM because he was "his guy", developing AM was one his top priorities, and he thought AM would work through things with more experience. This season, Frost knows he is under the gun and I think he would consider a change if he thought it would lead to more wins. The fact that there is no real competition at QB is the main problem currently. Even Illinois picked up a backup QB through the portal to shore up QB depth, and Sitkowski came in and played well enough to lead the Offense successfully. The reasons really don't matter at this point (transfers, development, recruiting misses, etc), but we don't seem to have any QBs ready to step up and play at a high level should Frost want to make a change, or if AM gets injured...
Again, as well as Sitkowski played, we should have won :(

Ready? The assumption that he wasn’t aware of when he should or shouldn’t field a punt is idiotic. I’m mean let’s be honest, 90% of we posters couldn’t be on a practice squad in our prime, but we know the rules regarding punts. He had a brain fart, not a lack of knowledge. Give it a rest.
Because some blame everything on the coach. They see no room for players sometimes make mistakes.

The point is not to jam on Cam. There needs to be a dynamic change in practice and more importantly game performance to stop these undisciplined plays. It isn't just one mistake by one player. It is systemic failures in special teams as well as special situations 3rd and long, quick change situations, 2nd string QB's entering the game. Four years of this now. You can say "oh good try son, keep working at it in year 1. Year 4- mistake should equal to sitting someone. Cam is needed on the defense, not fumbling punt returns. Grown ass men with families are about to lose their jobs. No more of this "same old movie" crap Frost spoke of. Change requires change.
WOW what a conflation of things that may or may not be related. Do you wear a tin foil hat when you leave your house?

I Might H-thom are you going to hat shame me because I look good in silver? Don't be ashamed if you have nothing to add. These are tough times for fans. However that response is typical of those who have trouble seeing complex relationships involving performance on the field, proper coaching technics, coaching inner discipline, and consequence for game day failure. I won't even touch offensive game plan failures, that might be too much to handle.

Last edited:

I Might H-thom are you going to hat shame me because I look good in silver? Don't be ashamed if you have nothing to add. These are tough times for fans. However that response is typical of those who have trouble seeing complex relationships involving performance on the field, proper coaching technics, coaching inner discipline, and consequence for game day failure. I won't even touch offensive game plan failures, that might be too much to handle.
Maybe it would help to move a practice to area 51.

If Scott gets another year, it has to be under the condition he makes serious changes!
That rarely works. Not saying it won’t, but the coach shouldn’t be forced to make changes. If he can’t see things that need changing, or outright won’t change things that need changing, then he probably isn’t the answer anyway. Good coaches are usually all over things that aren’t right.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back