• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fordham Week Practice Thread: 2 September Coach Frost

I do not doubt the players' investment, and that they're "doing the best they can".

I'm truly alarmed at statements coming from the head coach (and the players) that basically admit that they weren't prepared, and that they need to adjust quicker/better.

And the excuse of continuing to, "...shoot ourselves in the foot..." is equally alarming in year four of this coaching staff. This team has been shooting themselves in the feet for so long that they should've replaced their feet with titanium prosthetics before now.

Seriously, the coaching staff should have "corrected" the self-inflicted wounds long before now... but they've failed to instill discipline, focus and attention to detail into their own behavior and thus the culture is void of these critical ingredients.

I truly believed that HCSF was going to turn this around... my belief (in getting this turned around) has now shifted to ADTA.

Last edited:

Scott is the coach. He gets to make those calls.
Should hold higher standards for game day performance, imo

Weird damn deal
Does Betts make that catch in the end zone? We will never know.
When I coached hoops, a million years ago, I saw some guys that were 4:30 studs. Great practice players every day. Consistently good, never great. Friday night, not as good. Other players were ok players in practice but absolute Friday night studs. Turn the scoreboard on and look out! Not every guy is the same. As long as they are not half assing it in practice, play the best players. Maybe he is. I don't know.
It's his call, as you say, Buck.

If Scott gets another year, it has to be under the condition he makes serious changes!
with Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa (amongst others) remaining on the schedule, I think it will take a miracle for Scott to survive this season. I'll hope for the best, but considering the ineptitude in his current leadership, I just don't see this ending well for him.

Does Betts make that catch in the end zone? We will never know.
When I coached hoops, a million years ago, I saw some guys that were 4:30 studs. Great practice players every day. Consistently good, never great. Friday night, not as good. Other players were ok players in practice but absolute Friday night studs. Turn the scoreboard on and look out! Not every guy is the same. As long as they are not half assing it in practice, play the best players. Maybe he is. I don't know.
It's his call, as you say, Buck.
Amen

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back