• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fordham Week Practice Thread: 2 September Coach Frost

Does Betts make that catch in the end zone? We will never know.
When I coached hoops, a million years ago, I saw some guys that were 4:30 studs. Great practice players every day. Consistently good, never great. Friday night, not as good. Other players were ok players in practice but absolute Friday night studs. Turn the scoreboard on and look out! Not every guy is the same. As long as they are not half assing it in practice, play the best players. Maybe he is. I don't know.
It's his call, as you say, Buck.
this is a great post. You've stated exactly what I've been feeling about Frost. He gets so hung up on guys being perfect practice players. Yes, guys need to practice well and have good habits, but there is so much more to an athlete in my opinion. Get your athletes on the field and give them hope and miraculously they'll practice better in some cases.

Last edited:

Please, no excuses, Scott!!
Without turnovers, alone. we win
The dumb penalties add to it.
Lastly, bonehead plays, such as the end-zone 2 pt fiasco.
In a nutshell, discipline.
Enough said. so take responsibility!!
When Osborn was the coach we practiced what we did so well, that it was largely irrelevant what the other team did. We were good at what we did. If he needs precise game planning to win games, he is not a good enough coach, and his scheme and system does not work. He should be able to have production regardless of what the other team does.

I’ve got my issues with Frost but there is no way he is choosing AM over wins. Just maybe he knows our backups are not ready.
I think you are correct abut Frost, at this point in time. I think the last couple years Frost would stick with AM because he was "his guy", developing AM was one his top priorities, and he thought AM would work through things with more experience. This season, Frost knows he is under the gun and I think he would consider a change if he thought it would lead to more wins. The fact that there is no real competition at QB is the main problem currently. Even Illinois picked up a backup QB through the portal to shore up QB depth, and Sitkowski came in and played well enough to lead the Offense successfully. The reasons really don't matter at this point (transfers, development, recruiting misses, etc), but we don't seem to have any QBs ready to step up and play at a high level should Frost want to make a change, or if AM gets injured...

When Osborn was the coach we practiced what we did so well, that it was largely irrelevant what the other team did. We were good at what we did. If he needs precise game planning to win games, he is not a good enough coach, and his scheme and system does not work. He should be able to have production regardless of what the other team does.
That was John Wooden's approach, as well. We don't prepare for other teams. We perfect what we do and force them to prepare.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back