• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ford vs. Ferrari

NUinID

Junior Varsity
5 Year Member
Went and saw this last night by myself. I am at an ag show and had wanted to see it.
I thought It was really good. I am not a huge car or racing nut, but found it to be a very compelling story.
I have seen stuff critiquing it by purists as giving too much credit to Shelby. Some felt it showed him basically building the GT40 from scratch. I didn’t get that from the movie at all. Ford had built the car and he and his team just made it a lot bette.

Went and saw this last night by myself. I am at an ag show and had wanted to see it.
I thought It was really good. I am not a huge car or racing nut, but found it to be a very compelling story.
I have seen stuff critiquing it by purists as giving too much credit to Shelby. Some felt it showed him basically building the GT40 from scratch. I didn’t get that from the movie at all. Ford had built the car and he and his team just made it a lot bette.
Roy Lunn developed the GT series

Had posted this awhile back.

Purists can complain, in most aspects of the movie there was a lot of underlying truth. Ford internal politics was always a puzzle palace with the battles between the bean counters and the people who actually, built, designed and sold cars. McNamara & crew (bean counters) combined to dominate the company because Henry Ford II needed them to clean out a huge amount of bad personnel who undermined his own father (Edsel) and he wanted to use them to maintain control.

Last edited:
Netflix's has this documentary on Shelby

very good
What year? (Shelby's documentary). I believe I watched it but at least 5 years ago. Could be different documentary? Anyway, I remember Carroll was a woman-chaser. Shelby was married eight times! Divorce ..... all extramarital affairs I believe.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back