• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Forbes reviewer: Scott Mendelsom

huskrthill

Leading horses to water since 2009
10 Year Member
Have you guys ever read reviews by Scott Mendelson? He is a guy that comes off as a pretentious, arrogant film snob. I can deal with that to a certain extent, but he is over the top.

With the release of Rise of Skywalker, Mendelson decided to rank all of the live action Star Wars movies, including Solo and Rogue One.

His choice as the best Star Wars movie confirms that he is a complete idiot.

Have you guys ever read reviews by Scott Mendelson? He is a guy that comes off as a pretentious, arrogant film snob. I can deal with that to a certain extent, but he is over the top.

With the release of Rise of Skywalker, Mendelson decided to rank all of the live action Star Wars movies, including Solo and Rogue One.

Unbelievable.
What a moron.

I’m convinced that most of these jerkos that review movies are complete idiots

No. I won't dignify his article with another click.
Rest assured, he's retarded.
It's true. He's spent the past two years defending the worst entry in the entire franchise, then goes completely insane and places it at the top of his list.

I don't think I've commented on an online article in 15 years, but I was looking for a comment section on this one. Not surprisingly, the guy who makes a living criticizing others can't take criticism himself.

This would be mine:
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
A New Hope
Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
The Force Awakens (A New Hope remake, but still better than Phantom Menace)
The Phantom Menace (Jar Jar and annoying Anakin still beat those below)
Rise of Skywalker
The Last Jedi
Solo (Never saw it, so it comes in last)

I don't think I have seen a Star Wars movie in this millennium... Don't care to either...

If he is so bad, why do you care? (other than it is free)...

Last edited:
It's true. He's spent the past two years defending the worst entry in the entire franchise, then goes completely insane and places it at the top of his list.

I don't think I've commented on an online article in 15 years, but I was looking for a comment section on this one. Not surprisingly, the guy who makes a living criticizing others can't take criticism himself.
Forbes pretty much did away with comments sections on all entries a few years back... I think now there are only two aspects of recourse... One is to e-mail the author yourself, and there is (was?) a report error link. I found a whopper error on a pipeline article and sent in an error... It was corrected within a day or so Another time I couldn't find the error report link and e-mailed the author myself. I did get a response and explanation, but the guy wasn't going to change his erroneous interpretation.

I don't think I have seen a Star Wars movie in this millennium... Don't care to either...

If he is so bad, why do you care? (other than it is free)...
Well, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Just kind of venting here. I am obviously a little more invested in the Star Wars franchise than you are, and while I'm open to differences of opinion on the relative rankings of the movies, something like this is just so out there that it bothered me.

And what better place to vent than Huskermax? :)

Forbes pretty much did away with comments sections on all entries a few years back... I think now there are only two aspects of recourse... One is to e-mail the author yourself, and there is (was?) a report error link. I found a whopper error on a pipeline article and sent in an error... It was corrected within a day or so Another time I couldn't find the error report link and e-mailed the author myself. I did get a response and explanation, but the guy wasn't going to change his erroneous interpretation.
I don't necessarily blame them for removing the comments section. They are generally just cesspools anyway.

Imagine trying to make the case that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was the best Indiana Jones movie. Thats how negligent Mendelsons take is. He should be locked up with Hayden Christensen as a cell mate and a TV that plays Phantom Menace on a never-ending loop.

Well, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Just kind of venting here. I am obviously a little more invested in the Star Wars franchise than you are, and while I'm open to differences of opinion on the relative rankings of the movies, something like this is just so out there that it bothered me.

And what better place to vent than Huskermax? :)
I understand your point. I just got fed up over the years with people who got way over-invested IMO in the pop philosophy of the series. Some who infamously worked for a former employer. When the Star Wars (& later Raiders) series came out, they were pretty much recognized as a high scale quality throwbacks to 1950's matinee adventure movies for kids.

Yes, my kids got into the Star Wars and have seen them all. They are just not my cup of tea.

And quite frankly, I find much of today's movie making inferior to 1960's & 1970's where they eschew any sort of depth or development of characters or story in favor of bang bang...

Not saying that Star Wars is in the worst of this class, but it is a major reason why I stay away from a lot of movies that are updates to movies of my youth that really do not merit updating (let alone two or three).
I don't necessarily blame them for removing the comments section. They are generally just cesspools anyway.
Yes, the comment sections of most publications are worse than cesspools.

I agree that Husker Max is a great place to vent over some of this. That is what I often do.

Regarding free reviews and comments sections, I used to go to Salon quite a bit. But everyone who was any good there was run off almost a decade ago. They had one stupid commentary - negative list - that included a 1968 movie that I liked quite a bit that was one of the grossest misrepresentations ever. I had meant to post on it here, but never did. Looking back for two such reviews I couldn't find any, in fact, Salon doesn't even have a proper search function which makes finding anything impossible. I guess they probably don't want anyone to be able to find anything.

Last edited:

When the Star Wars (& later Raiders) series came out, they were pretty much recognized as a high scale quality throwbacks to 1950's matinee adventure movies for kids.
And what is so bad about that?

life-gotta-get-one-those

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back