• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For you out of state Husker fans and alums

huskert

Recruit
How many times over the last 10-15+ years have you been asked "When is Husker football going to be back?" Or the other question: "What's wrong with Husker football?"
I live in NC and I get those questions from time to time when someone sees me in Husker attire or finds out where I went to school. I'm ready for the day when Frost and the team can show we are back.
Here's to looking forward to a good season ahead! GBR

How many times over the last 10-15+ years have you been asked "When is Husker football going to be back?" Or the other question: "What's wrong with Husker football?"
I live in NC and I get those questions from time to time when someone sees me in Husker attire or finds out where I went to school. I'm ready for the day when Frost and the team can show we are back.
Here's to looking forward to a good season ahead! GBR
I usually get told, Huskers huh? Don't worry, they will be back.

I always wear a Husker hat or shirt here in Pennsylvania and in the winter in Florida. I mostly hear Tom Osborne was a great coach they used to be unbeatable.

Most of the time people are just trying to figure out why a native Floridian is a die hard Husker

I'm in south-central/southeastern South Dakota. There are A LOT more Iowa fans around here now. Part of that is Nebraska having been down, but also a large part of that is the connections between this area and Iowa with players like Chad Greenway (Mount Vernon, SD) and Riley and Brady Reiff (Parkston, SD). When the Vedrals starting walking on at Nebraska in the late 80s and early 90s, both SDSU and USD were still D-2, so almost everybody understood the attraction of walking on at Nebraska over a scholarship to a D-2 school, even if that meant paying out-of-state tuition. There are still tons of Husker fans all over here, but you don't see remotely as much Husker gear as the 90s, and probably not even as much as the 80s, when there just really wasn't a lot of gear being worn.

If Hutmacher pans out, and especially if he becomes a star, an entire generation of South Dakota boys will again grow up dreaming of playing for Nebraska.

I live in South Carolina and I mostly here how Clemson won the National Championship by beating NU back in 1982.

Last edited:
Yeah, disgraceful actions by Clemson coach in that game as I recall and then Bo's first team beat Daby's first team in the bowl game. Living in Raleigh there is nothing good to say about Clemson. GBR GBR

I live in Idaho this is Boise St country. BSU fans are a lot like Nebraska fans. Very devoted and very focused on their team.

No one out here is really worried about whether Nebraska is good or not.

My employees will ask how good they are going to be or who is Nebraska playing this week, but they are just being nice

Should have added that when I walk the dog here in Raleigh, I wear a Husker shirt and often have conversations about the Huskers returning to prominence and shared support for N.C. State.

I hear that sometimes too. But any real ASU fan wants to talk about ASU-NU 1996. Yeah, Scott remembers that one, too, Too bad ASU never won anything major.

Yep, I regularly get reminded of the '96 game here in AZ. I always chuckle because locals remember the '96 game and I remember the National Championship Nebraska won the following year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back