• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For those who have the answers... great opportunity

Well $40K is the minimum...it only goes up from there.

Seriously though, I was talking to a co worker today about a guy that retired at 40 after making $5M on Tesla stock, and we wondered if you could live on $5M for 40 or 50 years. If I was in that position, I'd take a $40K job that gave me benefits and asked me to watch game film and analyze our team and opposing teams 40 hours a week. But I'm an engineer and geeky stuff that combines football sounds like fun. Plus, I'd like to work only 40 hours a week again.

That's probably not the kind of analyst they want though.

Responsible for advanced offensive game planning, offensive game planning, opponent tendency analysis, self-scout analysis, film evaluation, recruiting analysis, and game plan implementation.

C

Well $40K is the minimum...it only goes up from there.

Seriously though, I was talking to a co worker today about a guy that retired at 40 after making $5M on Tesla stock, and we wondered if you could live on $5M for 40 or 50 years. If I was in that position, I'd take a $40K job that gave me benefits and asked me to watch game film and analyze our team and opposing teams 40 hours a week. But I'm an engineer and geeky stuff that combines football sounds like fun. Plus, I'd like to work only 40 hours a week again.

That's probably not the kind of analyst they want though.
Rule of thumb: A well managed, diversified portfolio should generate 4% per year over decades above what is needed to grow the principal amount at the rate of inflation. In other words, you can take 4% out in perpetuity.

4% of $5 million would be $200,000 per year.

Last edited:
Rule of thumb: A well managed, diversified portfolio should generate 4% per year over decades above what is needed to grow the principal amount at the rate of inflation. In other words, you can take 4% out in perpetuity.

4% of $5 million would be $200,000 per year.
So if I have $2 million at retirement I could take $80k out annually? That’s enough to retire on Lake Francis Case and spend winters on the Texas Gulf.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back