• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For those keeping track of the 23’ class

Reilly played in a 6-2 as best I could tell, and I thought was clearly the best setter on her side of the net. On the other side, the Texas recruit Swindell looked to be 6’3” and looked unreal. Both schools will have frosh setters looking to compete regardless of who else is on the roster. ( I know these all star games may not be the best place to judge, but it was exciting. The match went to 5 sets and Jackson’s team won over the other team that had the other four Husker recruits.) With Allick, Mendolson and Jackson, I like our middles next year. How Beason, Batenhorse, Krause, Lauenstein, Kubik, Murray, and Jurevicius will play out is anyone’s guess.

Reilly played in a 6-2 as best I could tell, and I thought was clearly the best setter on her side of the net. On the other side, the Texas recruit Swindell looked to be 6’3” and looked unreal. Both schools will have frosh setters looking to compete regardless of who else is on the roster. ( I know these all star games may not be the best place to judge, but it was exciting. The match went to 5 sets and Jackson’s team won over the other team that had the other four Husker recruits.) With Allick, Mendolson and Jackson, I like our middles next year. How Beason, Batenhorse, Krause, Lauenstein, Kubik, Murray, and Jurevicius will play out is anyone’s guess.
It's a nice problem to have. I thought Murray had a nice serve based on what I saw of her play in Mexico City. That could prove important to her getting more playing time. We certainly need better servers than what we had last year. That was maybe the weakest part of our game, other than the inconsistent setting.

Impressive

I saw this mentioned on another site and it struck me as interesting. Right now, we have zero seniors on the 2023 roster. I have never seen that before and I am wondering what that will mean for the 2024 class. I believe we already have 3 recruits identified for 2024. That means NU will have to find room for them somehow. How is John Cook going to manage that? I suspect there are going to be some difficult discussions between coaches and the players at the end of next season about who will stay and who will have to go.

I saw this mentioned on another site and it struck me as interesting. Right now, we have zero seniors on the 2023 roster. I have never seen that before and I am wondering what that will mean for the 2024 class. I believe we already have 3 recruits identified for 2024. That means NU will have to find room for them somehow. How is John Cook going to manage that? I suspect there are going to be some difficult discussions between coaches and the players at the end of next season about who will stay and who will have to go.
Agree totally.

They better spend the next year working on some good NIL deals so some of the existing players can go walkon to open up the scholarships needed. I just couldn't see NU going with no 2024 recruiting class.

They better spend the next year working on some good NIL deals so some of the existing players can go walkon to open up the scholarships needed. I just couldn't see NU going with no 2024 recruiting class.
I agree. You can't go a year with zero new recruits because it will lead to roster imbalances in later years.

To answer my own question from above, I think these things will sort themselves out at the end of next year. These girls are all uber-talented and uber-competitive. They all want to play but only 6 girls can be on the court. My guess is at some point next year some girls will get tired of sitting on the bench, and therefore transfer to another school where they are more likely to get playing time. Most of these girls could be starting for just about any D1 program.

I agree. You can't go a year with zero new recruits because it will lead to roster imbalances in later years.

To answer my own question from above, I think these things will sort themselves out at the end of next year. These girls are all uber-talented and uber-competitive. They all want to play but only 6 girls can be on the court. My guess is at some point next year some girls will get tired of sitting on the bench, and therefore transfer to another school where they are more likely to get playing time. Most of these girls could be starting for just about any D1 program.
I agree. For example, Maybe one person leaves, one person gets a large NIL deal, and D1 gets the 13th scholarship coaches have been lobbying for.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back