• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For those keeping track of the 23’ class

yes-evil.gif

Good deal...hope it translates into wins over Stanford and Wisconsin...Those two have been hurdles we just cannot clear...but yes the youngsters sure seem to be awfully strong...GBR

5 scholarship players coming in, and only Hames and Horde losing eligibility. Will be interesting to see how the roster all shakes out, hopefully after celebrating a National Championship.
It seems, though, like our major competitors (eg, Texas and Wisconsin) are now going to the portal for multiple transfers — and taking fewer high school recruits. As much as I liked Caffey and now Horde, I hope our approach of focusing on HS recruits works best — it’s fun to see them over 3-4 years.

Those four will be hugely missed — lots of great memories. But this pretty much had to happen to make room for a 5 person frosh class. Unless we lose people to the portal I don’t see us going to transfers for next year.

I am glad they announced before the end of the regular season. There's no tomorrow now for 4 elite volleyball players. Cook nailed it I think when he said they've no ring and two rings are out there for their taking. The motivation of now or never I think is gonna be even stronger, for not just these 4, but the entire team. Go beat Wisconsin, girls, it is your time...GO BIG RED

Two of our five class of ‘23 — Reilly in SD and
Caroline Jurevicius in Ohio are Volleyball Mag players of the year in their state.
And that's not even including the girl who may be the best athlete in this class, Harper Murray. I've seen video of her, and she is impressive.

And that's not even including the girl who may be the best athlete in this class, Harper Murray. I've seen video of her, and she is impressive.
Yea, I agree. She gwas Michigan’s “miss volleyball”, but tha magazine went with a setter instead.

I've seen a few videos of Choboy. She's not LRod or K2 but she is exceptional and, experience aside, will be a welcomed addition at middle back if that's where Cook wants her.

If anybody else watched I would be interested in your view, but all 5 future Huskers were impressive beyond my expectations. Reilly can set, Choboy can dig and bump set, and the other three can pound the ball and block. Cook will have an interesting spring sorting it all out.

If anybody else watched I would be interested in your view, but all 5 future Huskers were impressive beyond my expectations. Reilly can set, Choboy can dig and bump set, and the other three can pound the ball and block. Cook will have an interesting spring sorting it all out.
Unfortunately, I could not watch the game. I heard that Jackson was impressive, and that all the future Huskers looked pretty good. I am not surprised about Choboy. I watched her and Harper Murray (along with Mendelsohn and Alleck) play with the US under-19 national team in Mexico City in 2021 and they were impressive. They looked like they play at a high level even though they were both 16 or 17 years old at the time. Choboy reminded me a lot of Lexi Rodriguez. I am excited to see what these girls do wearing a Husker uniform.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back