• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Football Saturday

That was beautiful!

OU has forever been one of my five most "hated" teams. I adopted five such teams to hate in my youth in the 70s and 80s -- Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, and Miami. When any one of those teams loses, I'm pleased -- not afraid to admit it. I attended enough of those games when Switzer brought his team onto the field before kickoff -- cocky and arrogant -- and Memorial Stadium in Lincoln replied with a loud chorus of boos. Unfortunately, the Sooners in those days most times got the best of the Cornhuskers, which resulted in even more hate for OU. Better Dead than Sooner Red, as the bumper stickers in Lincoln commonly read. :)

As good as the young Sooners quarterback will some day be ("sooner" rather than later), today was a dose of "it doesn't come easy" for a freshman. Rattler was rattled. There's some Longhorns licking their chops at an opportunity that opened wide. Heck, K-State is now a player in the Big 12 race. That was a helluva coaching job by Chris Klieman to come back from an embarrassing first game to pull off the upset so far in 2020 -- and one of the greatest comebacks you'll ever see.

That was beautiful!

OU has forever been one of my five most "hated" teams. I adopted five such teams to hate in my youth in the 70s and 80s -- Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, and Miami. When any one of those teams loses, I'm pleased -- not afraid to admit it. I attended enough of those games when Switzer brought his team onto the field before kickoff -- cocky and arrogant -- and Memorial Stadium in Lincoln replied with a loud chorus of boos. Unfortunately, the Sooners in those days most times got the best of the Cornhuskers, which resulted in even more hate for OU. Better Dead than Sooner Red, as the bumper stickers in Lincoln commonly read. :)
Yep, but replace Texass

Once again, I didn't understand why P5 conferences. Myself, P4 ..... B1G. SEC, ACC and PAC12.

BTW, I HATE boomer sooner fight chant song for the entire game. And stolen Yale song .... typical

Yep, but replace Texass

Once again, I didn't understand why P5 conferences. Myself, P4 ..... B1G. SEC, ACC and PAC12.

BTW, I HATE boomer sooner fight chant song for the entire game. And stolen Yale song .... typical

Nah, Texas was not a team I concerned myself with in the 70s and 80s when I formed my "forever hated five." While I don't like Texas, if they beat OU, I'm absolutely good with that.

Notre Dame is very easy to hate. The single most pompous, arrogant fan base I've ever ran across (and I have several times). So no, I can't replace Notre Dame with Texas as you tried to do. ;) I actually would consider Colorado well before Texas -- that was a team that truly hated Nebraska and made it known. I know many Longhorns fans, of course living in Austin -- never met one who had anything bad to say about Nebraska -- the Sooners and A&M are another story. :)

Last edited:

That was beautiful!

As good as the young Sooners quarterback will some day be ("sooner" rather than later), today was a dose of "it doesn't come easy" for a freshman. Rattler was rattled. There's some Longhorns licking their chops at an opportunity that opened wide. Heck, K-State is now a player in the Big 12 race. That was a helluva coaching job by Chris Klieman to come back from an embarrassing first game to pull off the upset so far in 2020 -- and one of the greatest comebacks you'll ever see.

Klinsman is the real deal and his success at NDSU was no fluke as we both know

Nah, Texas was not a team I concerned myself with in the 70s and 80s when I formed my "forever hated five." While I don't like Texas, if they beat OU, I'm absolutely good with that.

Notre Dame is very easy to hate. The single most pompous, arrogant fan base I've ever ran across (and I have several times). So no, I can't replace Notre Dame with Texas as you tried to do. ;)
Wisky fans are the worst

That was beautiful!

My much older sister and brother in law went to OU

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back