• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Fonzo's sad slide

Status
Not open for further replies.
They both cost themselves a ton of money by not coming out as juniors, particularly Dennard. I still don't think Crick would have been a first rounder if he'd come out as a junior. Despite his production last year he would have still been physically the same guy he is this year and he's just not fast. He doesn't have a fast enough first step off the ball to be a first round NFL draft pick once the scouts got him at the combine.

I have to disagree a bit on Crick. I think he moves pretty well for a guy his size. I don't think he projects well at DT in the NFL, but he could be a monster DE in a 3-4 scheme. The thing that has hurt him the most is that he is projected as a DE in the NFL, so he has a transition to make.

If he goes it'll probably be in round 7 when the majority of the guys picked don't make NFL teams. At this point Dennard is a huge, huge value pick out there for somebody. I doubt he gets sentenced to jail time.

Agreed. Given the fact that the officer wasn't seriously injured, I would guess he'll get probation and a fine. He wasn't in any other trouble at NU, so I hope he gets things straightened out and learns from this. The Bears could use a good value CB!

They just cut QB Beck

Good riddance. There are people on this board who are better QB than John Beck.

This draft has gotten me wondering where Taylor Martinez projects as an NFL prospect. I think he can play in the NFL if he doesn't do what Crouch did and insist on being a QB.

Agreed. Given the fact that the officer wasn't seriously injured, I would guess he'll get probation and a fine. He wasn't in any other trouble at NU, so I hope he gets things straightened out and learns from this. The Bears could use a good value CB!

Actually that fight with Jefferies in the bowl game started some teams wondering about Dennard's character. If this latest thing was the only thing out there about Dennard I don't think it would have hurt him this much. Combine his past injuries with character questions and this is what you get.

EDIT: Your Bears just took a CB but it wasn't Dennard. It was some kid from Nevada.

This is really sad. Even though he did it to himself, I feel sorry for Dennard at this point.

Last edited:
I think the only chance Dennard gets picked is if the Patriots take him in one of these last two picks. They have a need using 20+ people in their secondary last year and that locker room is known for taming character issues. Other than this, I dont really see him getting picked.(Ravens maybe?)

Last edited:
I think the only chance Dennard gets picked is if the Patriots take him in one of these last two picks. They have a need using 20+ people in their secondary last year and that locker room is known for taming character issues. Other than this, I dont really see him getting picked.(Ravens maybe?)

Washington needs a CB badly. I think Dennard will be taken it's just that every team doesn't want to be the team who gambles too much. The Redskins have one more pick in the 6th round and two in the 7th round. As we saw last year, the Redskins scout Nebraska significantly. Marty Schottenheimer's kid was the Redskins scout responsible for looking at Nebraska kids last year, I'm not sure who scouted Nebraska this year.

I have to disagree a bit on Crick. I think he moves pretty well for a guy his size. I don't think he projects well at DT in the NFL, but he could be a monster DE in a 3-4 scheme. The thing that has hurt him the most is that he is projected as a DE in the NFL, so he has a transition to make.

Crick should play well in Houston's 3-4 and hybrid defense Phillips runs. Watt is playing well at DE and think Crick has some of the same skills that has made Watt successful.

The Raiders and Jets don't seem to mind character issues. Maybe Fonzo ends up with one of them.

Good call on pete Carroll too

Good riddance. There are people on this board who are better QB than John Beck.

This draft has gotten me wondering where Taylor Martinez projects as an NFL prospect. I think he can play in the NFL if he doesn't do what Crouch did and insist on being a QB.

But at least Crouch wasn't afraid of contact. What position would you put Martinez where he could avoid contact? Punter or PK?

Crick should play well in Houston's 3-4 and hybrid defense Phillips runs. Watt is playing well at DE and think Crick has some of the same skills that has made Watt successful.

Yeah, I'm excited to see Crick in Houston, they play on TV almost every sunday down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back