• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Florida Gulf Coast v. NU Game Thread

Just simply stating facts, not opinions. Just because no one has heard of Florida Gulf Coast Univ. doesn't mean they are a terrible team. They are currently 4-6. They are 4-0 at home and 0-6 on the road. As for their losses on the road, they have lost to TCU by 1, SMU by 1, Miami by 10, Maryland by 6, and NU by 1. Are they a great team? No, of course not. But they aren't a terrible team either. I think it was a pretty even match up.
It is your opinion they are not bad but the facts prove you wrong....they are 3-6 and first year D1 should not hang with a 6th year program and "supposedly" our best team. All those teams they lost to are not very good. One of their wins is against Ave Marie.....sure you heard of them. All we ever do is make excuses and try and build these teams we lose to as being a great team or better than they really are. Maryland is terrible so is SMU, only Miami and TCU are decent right now.....all 5-3 is not something to be proud of ......oh we are 5-3 too, but should be 3-5.

Basketball season is a long season. NU is not a great team right now, but they will improve. We'll see how they look in February.
Where do you honestly see them improving at? They have 2 players worth a darn and one is out of position. They are going to start playing teams in 3 weeks.

Is Doc Sadler delusional?

No. 14 Wisconsin comes to the Devaney Center in 19 days to welcome Nebraska into the Big Ten men's basketball family. Think the Badgers will be impressed by NU's 51-50, white-knuckle win Wednesday night over Florida Gulf Coast?

The Huskers needed Dylan Talley's 10-foot jumper with 10.4 seconds left to secure the victory over the Fort Myers, Fla., school that didn't exist until 1997 and is in its first season of full Division I status.

By coincidence, Sadler said, he noted Wednesday that Big Ten play is less than three weeks away.

“We're not ready. We're not close,” he said. “But come the 27th of December, we will be ready, I promise you. Our guys are too good and practicing too hard.
“They will be ready to play the best game they have all year.”

http://www.omaha.com/article/201112...y-s-late-basket-ubel-s-big-night-lift-huskers

Last edited:

Why's everyone so glum on this thread? The D held them to 50 or less so I get a free Runza for lunch today. It's time to celebrate.

Why's everyone so glum on this thread? The D held them to 50 or less so I get a free Runza for lunch today. It's time to celebrate.

That's funny. I'm guessing most promotions are for points scored rather than defense.

If NU was only just OK on defense they'd be salty. It's like the 2009 football team....every year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back