• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Flintstone ribs

KingTM

All Big 10
5 Year Member
WOOT! I was finally able to find a full plate of beef ribs at a somewhat local butcher shop today. I hadn't been in that part of the city in a minute but I was today so I stopped by and I'm glad I did. They actually had to cut them for me while I waited because all they had on the counter were short ribs. Last place in the city to still have hanging beef. They're going on the smoke tomorrow morning with some pecan and a little bit of oak. I've done short ribs before but never a full plate and I'm pretty excited. The rub will be pretty simple, I think. I'm a huge fan of beef (there you go @Red Dead Redemption, out of context thread material) and I don't want want to take too much away from that, just let the smoke do its thang. I'm considering making tacos with them but I haven't decided, for sure. If I do, I'll make some mango/jalapeno salsa, maybe a lime white sauce and some crumbled queso fresco. And...I can't find my taco stands. Damnit.

Last edited:

WOOT! I was finally able to find a full plate of beef ribs at a somewhat local butcher shop today. I hadn't been in that part of the city in a minute but I was today so I stopped by and I'm glad I did. They actually had to cut them for me while I waited because all they had on the counter were short ribs. Last place in the city to still have hanging beef. They're going on the smoke tomorrow morning with some pecan and a little bit of oak. I've done short ribs before but never a full plate and I'm pretty excited. The rub will be pretty simple, I think. I'm a huge fan of beef (there you go @Red Dead Redemption, out of context thread material) and I don't want want to take too much away from that, just let the smoke do its thang. I'm considering making tacos with them but I haven't decided, for sure. If I do, I'll make some mango/jalapeno salsa, maybe a lime white sauce and some crumbled queso fresco. And...I can't find my taco stands. Damnit.

1321001544_Beef_ribs_select.jpg

The best Beef ribs I've had was at Smoke BBQ Restaurant and Bar in Newport News VA.

https://www.smokenn.com/

Very tender and I could just pull the meat off the bone. I haven't been able to smoke them myself very well.

Those tacos were incredible. I have some low-grade food pr0n to share with you but I need to figure out a way to share it since PhotoBucket started charging to do 3rd party sharing. Smoked them at about 250° (it was freaking HOT out and it was tough holding a steady temp) for around 7 hours and I finished in the oven at 400°for another hour to bring them to just over 200 internal temp. I let them rest, shredded the beef and made delicious tacos. Wish I could remember more but I day drank (whiskey started to flow at 1pm) Saturday and we all know how that turns out.

Those tacos were incredible. I have some low-grade food pr0n to share with you but I need to figure out a way to share it since PhotoBucket started charging to do 3rd party sharing. Smoked them at about 250° (it was freaking HOT out and it was tough holding a steady temp) for around 7 hours and I finished in the oven at 400°for another hour to bring them to just over 200 internal temp. I let them rest, shredded the beef and made delicious tacos. Wish I could remember more but I day drank (whiskey started to flow at 1pm) Saturday and we all know how that turns out.

sounds like a winner winner taco dinner and yep that damn whiskey flow at 1 p.m. will doom the best of us.

sounds like a winner winner taco dinner and yep that damn whiskey flow at 1 p.m. will doom the best of us.

Oof. I never drink whiskey that early. I pretty much lost a night. I did learn though, that I am far from as young as I used to be when I did do things like that.

Oof. I never drink whiskey that early. I pretty much lost a night. I did learn though, that I am far from as young as I used to be when I did do things like that.

At my ripe old age i have learned to pretty much avoid drinking period. When i do it is usually a good scotch (neat) with a cigar. That way it is small slow sips and easy to track the amount. There are however the occasional days as you just described.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back