• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fleck taking parting shots

ThrowFar60

Scout Team
5 Year Member
For the record, I can’t stand PJ fleck. He’s a walking, talking d-bag, and he’s smug as hell.

With that being said, when you win, you can say whatever you want, and it’s tough for others to argue with the results. PJ owns Frost and to him it’s Culture vs. Skill and more times than not, their culture wins.

I don't like the guy or his act. But he's not wrong. And he has three straight wins over Frost, including the last two with illness-depleted or injury-depleted rosters.

True or not what he said he should not have

It's not the first time

He was disrespectful to Jerry Kill who had been a mentor to him when he took over the program

Kill was and is pure class

Last edited:
True or not what he said he should not have

It's not the first time

He was disrespectful to Jerry Kill who had been a mentor to him when he took over the program

Kill was and is pure class

To be fair, there isn’t a lot in the article about Fleck and Kill (other than their relationship) that Frost hasn’t done. He’s been talking about culture since day 1, getting his guys, etc.

To stay on topic though, I do think we’re loads more talented than Minnesota and a lot of the Big 10 teams we lose to. Very tough not to chalk it up to culture.

"If we should win, let it be by the code,
with our faith and honor held high.
If we should lose, let us stand by the road
and cheer as the winners go by."

Be gracious in victory and in defeat. That "culture vs. skill" comment was a passive-aggressive dig and it was out of line.

Exactly

To be fair, there isn’t a lot in the article about Fleck and Kill (other than their relationship) that Frost hasn’t done. He’s been talking about culture since day 1, getting his guys, etc.

To stay on topic though, I do think we’re loads more talented than Minnesota and a lot of the Big 10 teams we lose to. Very tough not to chalk it up to culture.

When has Frost said at a press conference what Fleck said about another team? That's the bottom line

LOL, this is what people have a problem with? Not the product on they field but that mean ol' PJ.

C

Yup that's what the discussion is about

It's a message board

Oh and there are more than enough threads on this forum discussing what you are concerned about

Not sure we need another one of those

We could combine most of those into one thread at least that's what folks have told me on more than one occasion

It's all good

Last edited:
It's these things why I can't stand pj.
But frost was that way when he first got here too towards the last staff and I didn't like frosts lack of respect to others or his bravado.
Not a fan of how either of those 2 handle themselves but pj has at least backed it up

Fleck, Harbaugh, whoever...

Just win and all of their character flaws/deficiencies remain, but they may seem more pathetic than predatory to some.

When has Frost said at a press conference what Fleck said about another team? That's the bottom line
Who cares? Not everyone is the same. He didn’t say anything bad, nor was he disrespectful. He said what he believed. I think he knows many teams are more talented than his gophers, so he leans of his way of doing things. He’s right, and I don’t like the guy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back