• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Five Husker Games During 2017 Season Announced on Fox and FS 1 (including Iowa game at Thanksgiving)

The big ten is going to be a major foothold for FOX this year. I hope it doesnt put us into PAC-12 territory as far as being hurt in rankings (it wont). But we're seeing later kickoffs too. I think ESPN will be even more full court SEC this year which sucks for all college football fans that watch wrap-up shows, etc.

The big ten is going to be a major foothold for FOX this year. I hope it doesnt put us into PAC-12 territory as far as being hurt in rankings (it wont). But we're seeing later kickoffs too. I think ESPN will be even more full court SEC this year which sucks for all college football fans that watch wrap-up shows, etc.

It will not hurt in the rankings, why would it?

FS 1 has a really good wrap-up show. Bottom line is the college football world will no longer revolve around ESPN which was long overdue.

People have a hard time with change but in this case its going to be okay

Last edited:
Afternoon and night games are the best for most Nebraska fans to get to the games. I would think players too.

GBR!

Its not a secondary channel its equal to ESPN. I would argue with ESPN's troubles its a better destination.

I have to disagree on FS1 being equal to ESPN. I have rarely seen anything on that channel, and never even heard of it...and I watch sports. There is NO way that just as many people watch a football game on that channel as they would for the same game on ESPN.

FS1 is a major cable sports network like I said equal to ESPN.

FWIW there are no more over the air broadcasts anymore.

ESPN did themselves in and is getting killed with the new agreement the B1G has with FOX/FS 1

Of course there are still "over the air" games still on. Look at ABC, CBS, and FOX (NBC for Notre Dame). Those national networks all have double headers or single games on every Saturday during college football season. And it really does hurt Nebraska to not have the Iowa game on ABC...or even ESPN. Despite its ratings declines, ESPN still gets higher ratings than FS1 does.

I have to disagree on FS1 being equal to ESPN. I have rarely seen anything on that channel, and never even heard of it...and I watch sports. There is NO way that just as many people watch a football game on that channel as they would for the same game on ESPN.

You can disagree all you want. Go tell that to all the employees who were let go recently by ESPN not to mention those who have switched to FS 1

As to there is no way as many would watch on FS1 as ESPN you do not know that. I suspect with Nebraska and the B1G on Fox/FS1 they will

Change is hard for people so be it

Of course there are still "over the air" games still on. Look at ABC, CBS, and FOX (NBC for Notre Dame). Those national networks all have double headers or single games on every Saturday during college football season. And it really does hurt Nebraska to not have the Iowa game on ABC...or even ESPN. Despite its ratings declines, ESPN still gets higher ratings than FS1 does.

Over the air means using an antenna. Those days are gone.

Once again its your opinion (I.e. Iowa game) unless you care to share something you know that the rest of us do not

Its simply my opinion however, I believe the ratings etc this season will prove I am right. Of course time will tell

Like I said change is hard

Last edited:
So many things wrong with this statement.
1. Just because you have not seen it does not mean it does not exist. The PAC has been using it for years.
2. The reason you have not watched it is because you probably do not watch a lot of UFC. UFC has made millions using the fox channels.
3. Fox proved with the NFL that when they dive into things they go in full bore. I remember when they first took over from NBC people said. They will not be able to do it they are not big enough. Now it is the preferred football network for NFL fans.
4. With two of the top three P5 conferences a lot more people will start watching them.
5. Fox is loaded and they will do it right.
6. ESPN throws money down the toilet for no good reason.
7. I now do not have to listen to lib politics along with my football.

ESPN is dead long live FOX

Agree. If my dish flys off my roof, I can still pull ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX over the air. More people are likely to watch a game on ABC as far more people have ABC. If you are in or relatively close to a metropolitan area you can watch a game on ABC without cable or a dish. I you live outside a broadcast area, and have the most basic cable or dish package, you have ABC.

It's not a game changer, but it's a step down.

this sucks for us canadian viewers

we get the B1G network up here, but not FS1
losing the less desirable games to FS1 means i won't get to see them as well as not having the black friday game on ABC anymore. not a good trend.

Agree. If my dish flys off my roof, I can still pull ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX over the air. More people are likely to watch a game on ABC as far more people have ABC. If you are in or relatively close to a metropolitan area you can watch a game on ABC without cable or a dish. I you live outside a broadcast area, and have the most basic cable or dish package, you have ABC.

It's not a game changer, but it's a step down.
What windstorm would blow off a dish yet leave an aerial antennae? Also pretty sure if both teams are doing well it will find it's way onto fox.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back