• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fitzgerald fires DC, DL, WR

I'm sure he does but Northwestern is foolish, IMO, if they're thinking of making a coaching change. Kirk Ferentz has made a nice long career of being just a enough good guy type coach. Ebbs and flows are fine for some and, pretty much, is all they should expect.

Fitz must be feeling some heat after 2 bad seasons.

Saw this earlier elsewhere.
I'm with Dr Rob in regards to NW. Somewhat limited NIL and limited portal is going to hurt them. Iowa too as long as KF stays stubborn and old fashioned.
Fitz is going to have to recruit his players all the time as the NIL monies come calling every year.
Requirements into NW limits portal players as well.

Losing Hankwitz hurt the program

Last edited:

Would anyone be surprised if BB landed in Evanston as a DC?

I think his audition wen't extremely well, but I don't think Fitz would throw in like that. He needs a proven, younger guy who can help him recruit and is a long term solution.

That said, I wouldn't at all be shocked to see Busch get a DC job at a lessor school. Most who know the game have to look at what he did and at least raise your eyebrows a bit.

0 wins and 11 losses in United States venue

3s81dq.jpg

White Star Line. Shipbuilder ...... Ireland :eek:

NW return, August trip. Captain Fitz.

Last edited:

I mentioned in previous thread that Fitz was feeling a lot of heat from the school he never wanted to leave. If he has another 1 or 2 win season he'll be gone after next season or sooner. Welcome to the Slaughter House known as college football.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back