• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

First punch changes everything.

After Bill Callaghan couldn't manage or coach Richie Incognito I predicted he'd have a losing season. Little did I know it would take almost 2 decades before the OL would find its roots again.

Scott's most important new coach hire has flown pretty much under the radar although he's been consistent with his recognition of Coach Riaola's Impact. This is not to diminish his other Offensive Coach additions and their significance.

As the well known mantra goes: it all starts up front. Reading the comments and watching the player's videos its apparent that a junk yard dog mentality trumps all for the OL to return to its former formula for success. This will be the glue that binds Coaches Whipple, Joseph and Applewhite into a winning hand for success.

Last edited:

Wasn’t it Solich who recruited Incognito, and wasn’t it Bo who coached Richie in the Alamo bowl that year that he was spitting in the faces of the Michigan state players? What in the world does Bill Callahan have to do with the price of tea in china?

I’m lost on this entire thread

Wasn’t it Solich who recruited Incognito, and wasn’t it Bo who coached Richie in the Alamo bowl that year that he was spitting in the faces of the Michigan state players? What in the world does Bill Callahan have to do with the price of tea in china?

I’m lost on this entire thread
Seriously? You want our threads to be rational. :).

After Bill Callaghan couldn't manage or coach Richie Incognito I predicted he'd have a losing season. Little did I know it would take almost 2 decades before the OL would find its roots again.

Scott's most important new coach hire has flown pretty much under the radar although he's been consistent with his recognition of Coach Riaola's Impact. This is not to diminish his other Offensive Coach additions and their significance.

As the well known mantra goes: it all starts up front. Reading the comments and watching the player's videos its apparent that a junk yard dog mentality trumps all for the OL to return to its former formula for success. This will be the glue that binds Coaches Whipple, Joseph and Applewhite into a winning hand for success.
Well you are correct on one thing. A great Philosopher once said; "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face;" Mike Tyson.

Callahan's lack of success with olinemen here always baffled me. Couldn't recruit or coach up great linemen. Don't know if his fault or Wagner's, but it was what it was! Offensive line coaching has been issue ever since. Hopefully we got right guy now!

That's why he failed in mishandling Richie. As the supposed NFL OL Coach, he wasn't suited to deal with college kids issues. How'd his track record at Nebraska progessed is why he needed to return to the NFL as an OL Coach, never to return to being a Head Coach. That's irrefutable. That's the point in case you missed it.
I just don't think BC thought RI was worth the trouble. He was good for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty nearly every game, wasn't he?

Joe Dailey's, Beau Davis's, Zac Taylor's, Sam Keller's, and Joe Ganz's dirty uniforms disagree.

Harrison Beck's uniform stayed pretty clean on the sideline, though.

HB led DONU to the win vs KSU in 2005!

Defensive pass interference saved him.

I just don't think BC thought RI was worth the trouble. He was good for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty nearly every game, wasn't he?
So, supposedly one of the best NFL OL Coaches, who experienced fights on a regular basis in the NFL didn't have the skills or coaching wherewithal to channel Richie's aggression? Instead of bringing cohesiveness to the OL as a result loses the room. Never could figure that out.

Red the article on Barney Cotton's quotes about Richie and his game against Michigan State. Makes Callaghan look the fool. BC failed at being a Head Coach, NFL then Nebraska. Of course Steve Pedersen was able to screw up everything he had a hand in directing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back