• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fire Bill Moos

See post #6 above:
"Rather, Title IX requires that the men and women's program receive the same level of service, facilities, supplies and etc. Variations within the men and women's program are allowed, as long as the variations are justified."

You can't add hockey for men with say 16 scholarships and spend $5M annually of coaches, facilities, travel ... and add a "cheaper" sport, say lacrosse, for women simply to comply to Title IX. Especially if you are not providing the same level of service, facilities, supplies and etc.

I never said cheaper, just that it does not have to be women's hockey. The quotes and links I provided stated equal opportunity and resources.

C

I never said cheaper, just that it does not have to be women's hockey. The quotes and links I provided stated equal opportunity and resources.

C
Correct - but the only reason to do a different non-hockey sport (lacrosse, field hockey ...) for women would be to find a numerically similar participant sport to men's hockey that would be a cheaper sport than women's hockey.

In theory could you start a women's field hockey program that would be numerically similar to men's hockey yes ... but it would very likely violate the Title IX clause requiring similar levels of service, facilities ...

Correct - but the only reason to do a different non-hockey sport (lacrosse, field hockey ...) for women would be to find a numerically similar participant sport to men's hockey that would be a cheaper sport than women's hockey.

In theory could you start a women's field hockey program that would be numerically similar to men's hockey yes ... but it would very likely violate the Title IX clause requiring similar levels of service, facilities ...

Yeah, I get all that but they could look at a sport that may not loose as much money as women's hockey. Also could put the resources into an existing women's sport that would not loose as much as women's hockey or even spread it amongst multiple women's sports. Not that I give a crap about Nebraska hockey, I was just pointing out that they don't have to start a woman's hockey team. Nothing more, nothing less.

C

What about E-Sports? It seems laughable to some but the growth of that genre is a real interesting to a skill set that is very attractive to universities and employers.

What about E-Sports? It seems laughable to some but the growth of that genre is a real interesting to a skill set that is very attractive to universities and employers.
It's not laughable but from what I hear it is very attractive...to men.

My hometown school started it a couple of years ago. I don't understand but whatever floats their boat.

Yeah, I get all that but they could look at a sport that may not loose as much money as women's hockey. Also could put the resources into an existing women's sport that would not loose as much as women's hockey or even spread it amongst multiple women's sports. Not that I give a crap about Nebraska hockey, I was just pointing out that they don't have to start a woman's hockey team. Nothing more, nothing less.

C
At the trial of a Title IX lawsuit against Nebraska Athletics:

Lawyer for US Dept of Education: Mr. Moos is it true that you started up a men's hockey team in the fall of 2021?
Bill Moos: Yes it is.

Lawyer: Is it true that during the same time period you started up a women's lacrosse program?
Lawyer: Why would do a men's hockey program and a woman's lacrosse program?
Bill Moos: Because lacrosse is a cheaper sport to field and we wanted to minimize our financial losses.
Judge: We find in favor of the Department of Education v. Nebraska!

Lawyer for US Dept of Education: Mr. Moos is it true that you started up a men's hockey team in the fall of 2021?

Lawyer: Is it true that during the same time period you started up a women's lacrosse program?
Bill Moos: Because lacrosse is a cheaper sport to field and we wanted to minimize our financial losses.

At least he could have looked himself in the mirror and know he wasn't lying.

Um, okay. I don't know what that has to do with my point other than you just want to argue something I am not disagreeing with.

C

I’d rather see NU playing ND for the big ten championship than OSU

My hometown school started it a couple of years ago. I don't understand but whatever floats their boat.
Not only no but hello no

Not only no but hello no

I am with you but I didn't grow up with the online game thing, so I guess that is what the kids want that is what they get, kind of like the 'Alternate Uni's' the kids love that I don't like, you have to attract the kids. Kind of like hockey, kids love hockey, ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back