• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fire Bill Moos

I'd be very excited if the Huskers added a men's hockey team.... Hell, if we had to, we could also add a women's knitting team for title IX.

They can have UNO's hockey team and they have to take Trev with it.

I'd rather see ladies figure skating become a collegiate women's sport than to pretend women collision sports are a good thing. How about a collegiate lingerie arena football program? Sounds wonderful.

Not a hockey fan in the slightest so not having it at Nebraska is fine with me........ :thumbsup:

Why not add womens hockey at the same time?
Because women's hockey would cost way too much money with little to no revenues ... the net loss would in no way be covered by any net positive revenues men's hockey might generate.

This wouldn't be a short term thing - it would be a long term thing.

A Patriots fan AND you don’t like hockey?

We need an intervention.

@goodnterribles, @Pops, man down! Man down!
They created the blue line following the puck for people like that.

at least in hockey they play the full 3 20 min periods. football you get like 13 min of play out of a full game

Last edited:
Because women's hockey would cost way too much money with little to no revenues ... the net loss would in no way be covered by any net positive revenues men's hockey might generate.

This wouldn't be a short term thing - it would be a long term thing.
North Dakota says hi and MN and and and

They created the blue line following the puck for people like that.

at least in hockey they play the full 3 20 min periods. football you get like 13 min of play out of a full game
What's funny is back in the day my dad actually played for the Philadelphia Ramblers which was a farm team for NY Rangers. Dad was an avid hockey fan but I just never liked the sport much. I started skating with dad instructing at a very early age but much preferred, football, baseball and track and field. Played/participated in all those sports in HS and played football in college. Had season tickets to the Hartford Whalers years ago but hardly every used them. I actually gave them away to friends etc.

Bottom line hockey just never tripped my trigger even though I tried to like it........ :Biggrin:

Two more sports football would have to support. Scholarships, equipment, staff, coaches, arena etc. Don't we already have 22.

Surprised there's not more talk about the UNO-UNL Agreement. The Mavs scrapped football so they wouldn't compete for in-state kids. Huskers agreed to not sponsor hockey so that UNO can continue to dominate.

Gotta remember priorities here. For Moos, job #1 and job #2 are fixing Husker football and basketball. With Frosty and Freddy still being pretty young in their tenures, Moos is probably spending the lion's share of his time on those areas.

Give it a couple seasons. If we bring home a B1G football title and actually win a couple March Madness games, I think you'll see them start to revisit the issue of hockey. It's a Big Ten staple sport. But Moos doesn't want to pick a fight with UNO until he's got our moneymaker sports firing on all cylinders.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back