Yep, self inflicted wounds & converting offensive production into points about sums it up.I didn't see this until today. Thanks, @HuskerInOkieland , for your good work.
So to summarize:
- We outrushed our opponents, both in total and YPC.
- Passing completion% better than opponents, but too many interceptions.
- Too many fumbles.
- We out-yarded opponents but couldn't score to finish drives.
- We had more 1st downs than opponents, but not successful converting on 3rd (or 4th) down.
- Too many penalties. * This won't show up in the stats or be remembered, but.some of this is on the B1G officials (e.g.ticky tack holding calls on us, calling back TDs, while opponents get away with egregious holding).