• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Final Recruiting Weekend

SierraRed

I'm pretty good at drinking beer
5 Year Member
Do we have anyone coming in this weekend? Are there any recruits we still have a shot at, or are we pretty much done for this cycle?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining at all about the job Ruhle and the rest of the staff have done to this point. I'm just wondering if there is anybody left to put an exclamation point on this class.

Understatement of the year.

I disagree. Lefotu's film doesn't show a lot to work with. He's listed at 6'5" 300 lbs but doesn't play like that. There isn't one play on his highlights where he just physically dominates his opponent. All he shows is finesse and he isn't close to athletic enough to pull that off at the next level. He's a high cut guy with average playing strength. His playing style fits best in a one-gap, upfield defense where he can be rotated out regularly. He needs to be an unmovable anchor on the line but developed bad playing habits because he's surrounded by D1 talent.

The skills he has that could translate are his lateral agility, active hands, and an ability to keep his hips square to the line. But he needs a ton of coaching and discipline if he's going to contribute at the P5 level. Additionally, he has a bad injury history.

Of course, I could be wrong... certainly wouldn't be the first time.

I disagree. Lefotu's film doesn't show a lot to work with. He's listed at 6'5" 300 lbs but doesn't play like that. There isn't one play on his highlights where he just physically dominates his opponent. All he shows is finesse and he isn't close to athletic enough to pull that off at the next level. He's a high cut guy with average playing strength. His playing style fits best in a one-gap, upfield defense where he can be rotated out regularly. He needs to be an unmovable anchor on the line but developed bad playing habits because he's surrounded by D1 talent.

The skills he has that could translate are his lateral agility, active hands, and an ability to keep his hips square to the line. But he needs a ton of coaching and discipline if he's going to contribute at the P5 level. Additionally, he has a bad injury history.

Of course, I could be wrong... certainly wouldn't be the first time.
I haven't watched his film... always like to see other people's breakdown of recruits... as far as being wrong, so be it. None of this is exact science.... just opinions based on observations and knowledge of the game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back