• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Final Goodbye

My condolences. I too lost my father (in 2011) the day after Christmas. He too was a lifelong Husker fan and although he never posted in this (or any other) forum, I would tell him about some of the posters here and he always commented about it being like an extended family. Your father was one of the reasons why. He will be missed.

Jason, I am very sad for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for your family. For many of us on here that shared that Husker passion with their Dad, it brings back those great memories of times we spent by the radio or tv hoping for a victory. The Rev will have a great seat for next season and each of us that have lost our Dads' will smile and remember those great moments in time we shared. God Bless.

Hello,
My name is Jason and RevHusker (Rev Jack Gillam) was my father. It is with a heavy heart that I am writing his final post after 15 years on this forum. My father got the ultimate Christmas gift of going to his eternal home in Heaven on Christmas Day. My father loved Husker Football and enjoyed interacting with you all on this forum.

Thank you all for having him as a part of your community this past 15 years.

Thank You on behalf of his family!!!
Jason Gillam
Some posters quickly stand out for any number of reasons, and your dad was classy & sincere, and easy to tell he was authentic about his faith. It was pretty obvious just by the way he carried himself, and I respected him quite a bit, even though we didn't interact much personally. Seems he passed on those traits as well - all the best to you and the family!

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
"13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words."

Deepest condolences Jason - thanks for reaching out & letting us know about your Dad. like you, my father introduced me to DONU (his alma mater '55) as a young boy & Husker fandom has been a huge staple of my life ever since, + something he & I shared, spoke about frequently and enjoyed most of our lives together until his journey ended in 2008. Husker Nation is special & always will be, it's everywhere & it's all around us and frankly has been a source of so much shared joy (& anguish) over the years that it is omnipresent & synonymous with memories of growing up listening to games together, rooting for players, watching and attending games and just loving the scarlet & cream... like family. I know these are difficult times... all I can say is when I think of or watch the Huskers, I'm often transported back to all the great memories of Dad & I & simpler times ... & that connection keeps him close in my heart, always... & close to all things Husker. I remember many great posts and discussions with Rev & am so Sorry for your loss... Go Big Rev!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back