• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Final Goodbye

Some of you may be interested to read some of Rev's final posts. His last was a score prediction for the Rutgers game. And before that, shared many prayers for our members who have been struggling with illness of family members -- Elwood and his wife, in particular. A good heart for sure.

Last edited:

Some of you may be interested to read some of Rev's final posts. His last was a score prediction for the Rutgers game. And before that, shared many prayers for our members who have been struggling with illness of family members -- Elwood and his wife, in particular. A good heart for sure.

A good soul, for sure, and an obvious Christ follower. And his score for the Rutgers game was a lot nearer than mine!

Last edited:
Jason,

Thoughts and prayers for your entire family during this difficult time. Please cherish the memories of your father and keep them close to your heart.

TF
Four of my favorite Husker memories with my father:
1. 1996 - I was maybe 10 or so and we were in Lincoln visiting. My father and I had been at the Nebraska bookstore picking up some swag from the the 94/95 back2back championship when he took me over to walk around the outside of the stadium. Somehow we ended up inside and down on the field walking around. Suddenly the team emerges from the tunnel to go across the to a practice field I assume. I was in awe! Out comes the legendary Tom Osborne. Not skipping a beat my father hands me a pen and tells me to ask him to sign my stuff. Would you believe he stopped, signed every bit of it, had a few words and never asked why/how we were on his field.
2. Nov 8, 1997 - We got some student tickets (Mizzou student section but full on sea of red ). The famous kick in the end zone. Dad told me to rush the field with everyone and that we would meet in the end zone afterward. Will never forget that joy with my father!
3. 2013 - My first child and my dads first Grandchild is born. One day, shortly after his birth, a mysterious package arrives from the UNL Athletic Department. Inside is a hand written/signed note from Tom Osborne with some words of encouragement and advice on sportsmanship and teamwork for my son when he gets older. It seems my father had reached out somehow and spoken with him about how proud he was to be having a grandchild and how much he admired the leadership and character Coach Osborne lived each day.
4. Oct 22, 2016 - My fathers dream of taking his first born grandson to his fist Husker game became a reality. The Huskers beat Purdue 27-14 this day and many good memories were made including my son being terrified of Lil Red for some reason… lol!

Lots of good times… GBR

Last edited:
Four of my favorite Husker memories with my father:
1. 1996 - I was maybe 10 or so and we were in Lincoln visiting. My father and I had been at the Nebraska bookstore picking up some swag from the the 94/95 back2back championship when he took me over to walk around the outside of the stadium. Somehow we ended up inside and down on the field walking around. Suddenly the team emerges from the tunnel to go across the to a practice field I assume. I was in awe! Out comes the legendary Tom Osborne. Not skipping a beat my father hands me a pen and tells me to ask him to sign my stuff. Would you believe he stopped, signed every bit of it, had a few words and never asked why/how we were on his field.
2. Nov 8, 1997 - We got some student tickets (Mizzou student section but full on sea of red ). The famous kick in the end zone. Dad told me to rush the field with everyone and that we would meet in the end zone afterward. Will never forget that joy with my father!
3. 2015 - My first child and my dads first Grandchild is born. One day, shortly after his birth, a mysterious package arrives from the UNL Athletic Department. Inside is a hand written/signed note from Tom Osborne with some words of encouragement and advice on sportsmanship and teamwork for my son when he gets older. It seems my father had reached out somehow and spoken with him about how proud he was to be having a grandchild and how much he admired the leadership and character Coach Osborne lived each day.
4. Oct 22, 2016 - My fathers dream of taking his first born grandson to his fist Husker game became a reality. The Huskers beat Purdue 27-14 this day and many good memories were made including my son being terrified of Lil Red for some reason… lol!

Lots of good times… GBR

Thank you for sharing those beautiful memories.

I lost my father a little over 4 years ago and understand many of the emotions you are feeling right now. I would give anything to be able to speak with him one more time.

Thank you for sharing those beautiful memories.

I lost my father a little over 4 years ago and understand many of the emotions you are feeling right now. I would give anything to be able to speak with him one more time.
I hear you and am sorry for your loss as well! I find comfort and peace through seeing and hearing stories of all the lives he touched! It is like he is sharing the story with me when I read what others have to say… I know he is at peace and waking with his savior in Heaven…

Thank you all for letting me post and share with you all!

Last edited:

Hello,
My name is Jason and RevHusker (Rev Jack Gillam) was my father. It is with a heavy heart that I am writing his final post after 15 years on this forum. My father got the ultimate Christmas gift of going to his eternal home in Heaven on Christmas Day. My father loved Husker Football and enjoyed interacting with you all on this forum.

Thank you all for having him as a part of your community this past 15 years.

Thank You on behalf of his family!!!
Jason Gillam
How fitting that he received the gift of heaven on Christmas Day.

Our thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back