• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Final Goodbye

Jason,

Thanks for sharing the sad news. I am so sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in my prayers. I lost my Mom a couple of weeks ago. It changes the feeling of the season but we do not mourn like those who have no hope. Take comfort in the knowledge your Dad is safely home.

I am sorry for your loss. Losing pop is a tough pill to swallow. Best wishes and prayers to you and your family.

Gone From My Sight

I stand upon the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze, and starts for the blue ocean.

She is an object of beauty and strength,
and I stand and watch her until she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come down to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: “There! She’s gone!”
Gone where? Gone from my sight – that is all.

She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side, and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the place of her destination. Her diminished size is in me, and not in her.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says: “There! She’s gone!”
there are other eyes that are watching for her coming;
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout:
“There she comes!!!”

Last edited:

NO! I'm so sorry to hear this!

But, knowing your Dad's faith, we know he's in a better place, and he's won the victory!

Rev. Jack and I had exchanged many PMs regarding my wife's hospitalization. In fact, we just spoke on Monday. What a shock. He was so willing to go out of his way to help, even a total stranger. I will never forget his kindness and compassion.

"Well done, my good and faithful servant!"

Last edited:

Hello,
My name is Jason and RevHusker (Rev Jack Gillam) was my father. It is with a heavy heart that I am writing his final post after 15 years on this forum. My father got the ultimate Christmas gift of going to his eternal home in Heaven on Christmas Day. My father loved Husker Football and enjoyed interacting with you all on this forum.

Thank you all for having him as a part of your community this past 15 years.

Thank You on behalf of his family!!!
Jason Gillam
Jason, thank you for sharing this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your Dad will be missed here on Huskermax.

Jason,

So sorry to hear about your father passing. I have exchanged many messages with him over the years and he was a most thoughtful and caring person. Even though we never met in person I feel like I knew him well and will miss him a lot.

My condolences to you and your family.

Please share his memorial services information.

Memorial Service will be Monday 12/28 @ 11 CST at Zion Lutheran Harvester in St Charles, MO

We are trying to arrange a live stream via the church‘s website here:

Thank You all for the support!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back