• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Final Coaches Poll Voting by Coach - Coach Rhule left someone out.

Looks like just Barry Odom had them top 15. Many coaches had them at 17 or 18.

And to think that they only beat us by getting extremely lucky (again).
Get that part right, watch out. Not only not beating ourselves the obvious ways, but being better when were hurting ourselves in not so obvious ways

Iowa is one of those teams that's right on the threshold of being a top 25 team. You could rank them number 20 just as easily as number 40.

I love Rhule playing chess here. He's taking the obvious position of not ranking those idiots to the east, but it's a completely plausible and justifiable position to take. Seems like a very diplomatic way of taking a jab at your rival. I love it.
I imagine he probably didn't consider them a top 25 team because in real life, they're no better than NU in '23. Seriously.

In fact, you could take the # 15 - 40 teams, put them in a box, shake it up, dump it out in a random order, and it would make just as much sense.

I imagine he probably didn't consider them a top 25 team because in real life, they're no better than NU in '23. Seriously.

In fact, you could take the # 15 - 40 teams, put them in a box, shake it up, dump it out in a random order, and it would make just as much sense.
It comes down to lucky breaks, bounces of the ball and turnovers. YMMV

I presume we are talking about Iowa not being included in Rhules top 25.

at the top of the poll

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 9.08.06 AM.png

How many think Ruhle actually did these rankings? He likely rubber-stamped it before submitting it, but to actually sit down and go through the process of ranking, probably not.

Iowa is one of those teams that's right on the threshold of being a top 25 team. You could rank them number 20 just as easily as number 40.

I love Rhule playing chess here. He's taking the obvious position of not ranking those idiots to the east, but it's a completely plausible and justifiable position to take. Seems like a very diplomatic way of taking a jab at your rival. I love it.
The question is whether or not you reward Iowa for winning. Their record is good enough to be a top 25 team. Their play on the field, however, doesn't look like a top 25 level of play. We, a team that didn't make a bowl, had them on the ropes with a decimated offense. If you are Rhule and you head to the locker room after that game, I don't think you feel like you got outplayed by some top level opponent.

Looks like Day and Franklin had them ranked the highest at 17th.

The question is whether or not you reward Iowa for winning. Their record is good enough to be a top 25 team. Their play on the field, however, doesn't look like a top 25 level of play. We, a team that didn't make a bowl, had them on the ropes with a decimated offense. If you are Rhule and you head to the locker room after that game, I don't think you feel like you got outplayed by some top level opponent.

Looks like Day and Franklin had them ranked the highest at 17th.
When we are top 25 we don't want teams going into lockers rooms saying 'only one play'.
I don't think MR wants that either

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back