• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fidone humbled

THOMAS FIDONE, NEBRASKA​

10354072.jpg

The No. 2 tight end and No. 93 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite, Thomas Fidone was turning heads this spring before suffering an ACL injury that will delay his start on the field this year. But make no mistake: when Fidone does hit the field (likely later this season), expectations should be through the roof for the true freshman from Lewis Central (Iowa) High School. At 6-foot-6 and 235 pounds, Fidone is a former basketball player who uses that to his advantage as a receiver. He caught 43 passes for. 845 yards and 10 touchdowns in 10 games, showing his field-stretching prowess by averaging nearly 20 yards per catch. It could take a bit for Fidone's bulk to catch up to the blocking aspect of playing tight end, but his receiving phase could be Big Ten ready as soon as he's healthy.

I'd be very surprised if Fidone is our #1 TE at any point in 2021 -- barring injury to the starters. We are in great shape at that position regardless of Fidone.

I'm sure Fidone will see some playing time this coming season, but the question will be whether it will be in four games to preserve a redshirt season or more than that. Ideally, Fidone doesn't play in more than four games -- and I don't think we'll need him to.

He's got a very bright future -- but it doesn't necessarily have to start
NM

Last edited:
Really tough for the young man hopefully he gets the best treatment and doesn’t lose any of his incredible skill set. What medical experts can do today is absolutely amazing.
I said in another thread that it sure seems like we had a lot less injury issues when we played on astro turf (basically concrete). I don't understand it tbh.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back