• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Festivus Airing of Grievances

Hotlanta Husker

Junior Varsity
10 Year Member
Just a few things that drove me nuts this season...

1. Guys getting up and acting all big and bad when an opposing player made a mistake (dropped pass) or was tackled short of the line to gain (after an 8 yard gain) when it was not even 3rd down... (looking at players like you Dismuke)

2. Trying to return kicks with guys who run 4.75 40s and would be considered a great return just to get back to the 25... just fair catch the dang ball (finally we did)

3. Special teams in general... outside of our long snapping pretty much every phase in the kicking game stunk... Waldoch had a nice finish to the year and will battle Pickering. I also think we fair caught 5 or 6 punts inside our own 6-7 yard line this year (the opponent really appreciates that!)

4. Why we did not run the outside zone running play much in the first 6 or 7 games? I am sure we progressed in execution but if we did that type of running vs Wisconsin there is no reason to think we could not have destroyed Purdue and Indiana with that...

5. Running hurry up too sporadically... one of the reasons Oregon was able to make so many chunk running plays was because of the extreme tempo... if they want to lay down on the field and act injured it means one of their starting players will be out the next play...

6. Clock management and situational awareness...

7. Adrian Martinez's inability to make guys miss or take cut back lanes. (big 2AM supporter but his running vision deteriorated significantly this season)

8. Tackling... at times it was comical. So many guys wanted to "hit" (most especially our DBs) but forgot the wrap up part. Greased pigs every game.

9. Injuries... I swear our guys get banged up more than other teams... Seems like the teams like Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin just act tougher and shake the pain off and keep going.

10. Being too cute... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.... We went away from things so often in games trying to look like the smartest guys in the room... football is pretty simple and execution is about 90% of it.

Feel free to add on... maybe we can do the Feats of Strength later on.

Last edited:

1. Guys getting up and acting all big and bad when an opposing player made a mistake (dropped pass) or was tackled short of the line to gain (after an 8 yard gain) when it was not even 3rd down... (looking at players like you Dismuke)

2. Trying to return kicks with guys who run 4.75 40s and would be considered a great return just to get back to the 25... just fair catch the dang ball (finally we did)

3. Special teams in general... outside of our long snapping pretty much every phase in the kicking game stunk... Waldoch had a nice finish to the year and will battle Pickering. I also think we fair caught 5 or 6 punts inside our own 6-7 yard line this year (the opponent really appreciates that!)

4. Why we did not run the outside zone running play much in the first 6 or 7 games? I am sure we progressed in execution but if we did that type of running vs Wisconsin there is no reason to think we could not have destroyed Purdue and Indiana with that...

5. Running hurry up too sporadically... one of the reasons Oregon was able to make so many chunk running plays was because of the extreme tempo... if they want to lay down on the field and act injured it means one of their starting players will be out the next play...

7. Adrian Martinez's inability to make guys miss or take cut back lanes. (big 2AM supporter but his running vision deteriorated significantly this season)

8. Tackling... at times it was comical. So many guys wanted to "hit" (most especially our DBs) but forgot the wrap up part. Greased pigs every game.

9. Injuries... I swear our guys get banged up more than other teams... Seems like the teams like Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin just act tougher and shake the pain off and keep going.

10. Being too cute... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.... We went away from things so often in games trying to look like the smartest guys in the room... football is pretty simple and execution is about 90% of it.

In Feats of Strength can we do quarter squats with huge amounts of weights we could never do for a full squat?

Want him to succeed so badly, but this is but one example of why Frost should be on the hot seat in a year or two if it continues....
Because if it does continue, he will not have displayed the coaching acumen to get the job done here.

Tight ends flopping when barely touched.
303f0733dd4bb347a325b97b1eb83a69.gif

Some believe we're close to turning around the program while others believe (like me) we're a long ways from playing good solid winning football. I honestly see a myriad of issues that must be fixed before we're going to be a real factor in the Big 10. Perhaps HCSF can get many of these issues corrected durring the off season but I seriously doubt it.

I'll only believe what I see on the field hence forth and not the hype I bought into this season.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back