• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ferentz ain't going anywhere

Eighteen months ago I think the consensus on HM was that he would be fired over the player complaints. I guess we were more than a little wrong.

They will be the same. Average to middling. They should have just let the contract expire, then hire a new coach. While I know it’s not likely they can ever win a national title, but shouldn’t that be what you strive for? If not, what’s the point? He isn’t gaining on anything but averageness. 7 million per, damn, for fair to middling. Only in America.

Last edited:
They will be the same. Average to middling. They should have just let the contract expire, then hire a new coach. While I know it’s not likely they can ever win a national title, but shouldn’t that be what you strive for? If not, what’s the point? He isn’t gaining on anything but averageness. 7 million per, damn, for fair to middling. Only in America.
What a great job. No pressure to win. Don’t even have to win your division. Just be a little better than a average, and toss in a decent season every two or three years.

What a great job. No pressure to win. Don’t even have to win your division. Just be a little better than a average, and toss in a decent season every two or three years.
Yep. Sickening if you’re a serious Iowa fan wanting more. Many will be dead before he leaves. He doesn’t get it, and won’t deviate from his 2 yards and a cloud of dust philosophies. His 1-2* QB’s will never get him anywhere. It’s kinda funny. I’d be pissed if I were an Iowa fan. For that nonsense, you get 7 million per.

It’s weird. I live in Illinois and there are a million Iowa fans around here. Some think Kirk is the greatest coach ever. Others, like one good friend who once played baseball there, can’t stand it that his alma mater doesn’t strive for something better.

just long enough for iowa to claim the crown of something... the coach with the most wins in the big ten.

'Ferentz aint going anywhere'
Has he ever?
Lol, why would anyone want him? Iowa is a 6-6-9-3 type team. Won’t get much worse, and definitely won’t get anything better. He’s an antique that won’t listen to change. He has a stranglehold on that program and thinks he is the king, and the brass bows down to him and his averageness. I’ve never cared for the guy. Say what you will, but that’s the truth. Serious Iowa fans should be pissed.

I think we would take that level of success right now. He’s done a good job there over the years. They always play hard and within themselves. They don’t usually beat themselves either but capitalize on other’s mistakes.

I think we would take that level of success right now. He’s done a good job there over the years. They always play hard and within themselves. They don’t usually beat themselves either but capitalize on other’s mistakes.
And they win nothing. Only the year they had the easiest schedule ever did they win the West. Again, if you’re happy with averageness, Ferentz is your guy. If you want more, hope for more, strive for more, then he is the wrong choice. I don’t want a coach at Nebraska that has no capability of winning big at some point. Ferentz does not have that.

Agree, then build from there.
He plays his game well, but so did HuskerD til we kept getting torched by speed.
So, we got even better.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back